PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 73 of 82

As Aive works towards a leadership role in - Page 73 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Oct, 2010 - 11:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 82 pgs.  69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77  ...Latest (82) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is where the players will post their actions and thoughts on the game. Dungeons and Dragons
1st Oct, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 73

Plague is a good idea but we will need help pulling it off I think to be convincing, I think it should be a lock yourself in your house because its contagious sorta thing tho, also if we talk to the thieves before we leave they may be helpful at spreading the word.

I was thinking as a secondary security plan, if I could convice or pay a few of the thieves to stage a few break ins but not take anything and make it look like they are planning a huge hiest on the night of the carnival at all the empty houses, so people will feel less inclined to leave.

we could also encourage the priest guy to let loose a few of those insect swarms prior to the event, as long as it looks natural, nobody likes a swarm of bugs when a plague is loose.
Hopefully we are back here in time anyway to fight off the dark.

I don't recall our last reward being divided so I'm not sure how much I have, it was 8000gp

I would like to buy the following tho
Shortbow 30gp plus the hand crossbow100 gp, rapier 20gp, 30 bolts 3gp, 20 arrows 1gp Mithral Shirt 1100gp Darkwood Buckler 205gp

silver shortsword 10+45gp 20 silver arrows 1+1gp (half the silvered costs)
tot 1516gp

Type of Alchemical Silver Item Item Cost Modifier
Ammunition +2 gp
Light weapon +20 gp
One-handed weapon, or one head of a double weapon +90 gp
Two-handed weapon, or both heads of a double weapon +180 gp

On a successful attack with a silvered weapon, the wielder takes a -1 penalty on the damage roll

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2010 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

OOC: I end up doing 0-1 damage with a silver weapon, and the 0 is 5/6 times, so it's not really worth it for me. Yeah, it was 8000, so we each get 2000.I'm probably gonna hold onto mine for later, maybe grab something to give me more spells per day, or a cha boost. For now, I don't really need the gold, so I'll save it. Unless you guys want to cash in and buy a building in this city, and base all our operations from there, as a mercenary company. Though we'd do better in a bigger city, after we deal with whatever this city has.

Yeah, the idea was to have the church help with the plague feint. I like the idea of getting the thieves to spread the rumours. And the fake heist plan to get the city guards, whatever that amounts to, on full alert that night anyways.

The swarms I don't like the idea of, because that was what the Dark WANTED to do, we'd only be helping them, at that point.

OK, going to post in the party leader thread tomorrow, when I can get all the details ordered up nicely.

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 1st Oct, 2010 - 4:05am

1st Oct, 2010 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

But if the swarms went off early in the day and wern't directed at the people but in sight it might scare them into staying inside, maybe hold onto that one as a last resort to scaring people away who are stubborn.

Also 1 is min damage you never actually do 0 if you hit, but yea you should probably never be in melee anyway.

I posted what I think your race stats should look like after reaserching some other available base races and thier modifiers. Mainly from boredom but you should be compensated for your very low str wich will become very annoying. And you could have an even bigger bluff score!
Aives skills are good but your bluff is crazy!

You should address the town about the plague,

1st Oct, 2010 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 73 Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

OOC: Yeah, except with summon swarm you can't control the swarms as you can with summon monster. They just attack whatever they can reach. I could very well bluff the city. Even on a nat 1 my bluff score is a 19.

OK, getting ready to post in the game thread.

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2010 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Lwentano does not like the sounds of everything that is being planned but having no better plans at the moment he will just go along with the group and aid how ever he can. When he has nothing to do he will ask the guards if he can practice in their practice yard. Who knows maybe one of the guards will say something that can aid them.

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2010 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Philo favors plans A, B, & C, but thinks involving the Thieves Guild too much will be expensive and risky -- they are thieves! Any involvement should be kept to a minimum and not central to the plan.

As plans are discussed and details are worked out, Philo will spend his time wandering town, casually casing the better houses and businesses, more out of habit than any desire to break in. He also spends time with the local thieves, especially Bejie and Ryanc, gaining their trust and learning the ways of the town and the city guard and who has useful influence and should be befriended.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Oct, 2010 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 73

25 14 30 33(nat) 30 17 25 20 Diplomacy rolls to sweeten up to every one in the 'guild' perhaps during a few card games and such. Aive also would have thrown around 100 gp worth of coins to make it all that little sweeter, and would have told them

They are lucky I have found them now, while I am still at their equal, for it has been decided with or against the will of the gods that Aive will amount to be the king of thieves, the conquerer of the dark and controler of all shadows, he will be known as the night angel.
And if no one is claiming to be head of this place that they should embrace him as their new leader and coins shall flow like never before!
If anyone objects he would like to place it up to the people to decide or a competition of sorts.

If his offer is rejected, he will call it their loss and continue to socialize.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2010 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 73

As Aive works towards a leadership role in the group, Philo quietly makes "suggestions" to the thieves in one-on-one ans small group situations. If the group is not well organized, maybe they can be manipulated.

Philo will make friendly jokes at Aive's expense to endear himself and at the same time point out that Aive has a point and he could get things organized, make the right connections in the city government, and make things better for all.

Without be specific, Philo will see how they react to a city-wide, well organized scam ... The plague and/or major heist plans and if the more experienced members think it can be pulled off.

bluff (+2) 16, 10, 5, 17
gather info (+3) 5, 9, 11, 6
knowledge local (+4) 11, 7, 20, 5
listen (+2) 8, 17, 17, 10

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.