PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 9 of 82

Lwentano does not understand why his blade - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2010 - 12:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 82 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (82) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is where the players will post their actions and thoughts on the game. Dungeons and Dragons
1st Apr, 2010 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 9

Kiaya awakes in a started confused mannor, quickly staggering to her feet in alarm before scouting for a bottle of cheap wine
"Huh, what's with all the racket? Tis' not morning yet. How did thou let me get so tipsy last night I have a splitting headache." She explains while holding her head as her vision focused in on the fast approaching creatures. Cursing at herself she quickly begins to prepare herself for battle.

Kiaya steps sideways awkwardly taking a strange stance that appeared to be heavily off balance, almost as if she was intoxicated.

ooc Oops forgot to roll
14 for spot check
(I am so sorry, but I have forgotton how to roll for a monk's attack. It has been a very long time since I have played and our DM always rolled for us.)

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 1st Apr, 2010 - 12:31am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2010 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

OOC: Rissa it is the same attack rolls as wit ha sword. D20 to see if you hit or not. Make sure to add in bonuses or put them off to side like I did. Then damage rolls for open palm I think it is 1-3 at first level.

1st Apr, 2010 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: 1d20 attack = 15
(I'm a little confused bare with me, am I only attacking one target? I am sorry for the trouble, as I said the rules here are much differen't than I am used to, and I never had to roll for myself.)
unarmed damage 1d6 = 4
(For a bonus feat I have flurry of blows "When unarmored, a monk may strike with a flurry of blows at the expense of accuracy. When doing so, she may make one extra attack in a round at her highest base attack bonus, but this attack takes a -2 penalty, as does each other attack made that round. The resulting modified base attack bonuses are shown in the Flurry of Blows Attack Bonus column on Table: The Monk. This penalty applies for 1 round, so it also affects attacks of opportunity the monk might make before her next action. When a monk reaches 5th level, the penalty lessens to -1, and at 9th level it disappears. A monk must use a full attack action to strike with a flurry of blows." So in I roll again?)
1d20 attack = 12
damage 1d6 = 5
(If this is wrong I am desperately sorry, I will catch onto the rules here once I get through a battle or maybe 2 at most.)

1st Apr, 2010 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

* The party spots a raven the size of a grown man perched on top of the building wall, watching the battle. As the paty takes their turn they spot Jack pulling boards from the far wall. *

1st Apr, 2010 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

1d20 rolls 16, 5
damage 1d6 rolls 2, 4
ooc: 2nd turn as shown in the help thread.

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 1st Apr, 2010 - 12:48pm

1st Apr, 2010 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

SA: Valdien's blessed longsword sails toward the creatures, whichever presents themselves, again and again the young crusader hacks at the diminutive cadavers in the doorway.

Val stands and makes three attacks, (if that's three turns or whatever, not hearing or noticing the raven or Jack until the third turn), then realizes what all else is going on... (and by then maybe the situation will present different options).

Rolls (not adjusted):
1D20 (hit rolls): 5 8 20 13
1D8 (damage): 4 2 2 7
1D20 (spot etc): 3 2 10 9

BAB: +1 (+1 for sword = +2)
AC: 12 (base 10 + shield + Dex)
HP: 12

Prose:
His heart beating rapidly, the paladin can only react to the unbelievable horror facing the group - animated corpses, walking dead, abhorrent to nature and life, blasphemous and horrifying. They were always tales to scare children and lies to embellish someone's unremarkable life - but they're real! Val wants to turn and run, to cry, to throw down the sword and shield and crawl into a corner and ball up and hide. The youth's first actual fight, real life and death battle, in the true name of a good cause, for right, and it's against something unholy and evil. Val shivers in terror and excitement at the prospect of finally being started on the path that leads to his final objective, knowing now there was no turning back and he'll have to make good and follow through on all his bold claims and assertions, voiced and internal. He refocuses on the grim enemy and steels his nerves and sword hand, and mouths a rhythmic Heironean mantra while striking at the twisted husks.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 1st Apr, 2010 - 7:50pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Apr, 2010 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 9

"Lemures," Gabriel says, he continues to explain, "They are devils that are both mindless and mute"¦ disgusting creatures. If we meet anymore, we need to completely destroy them, or they will continue being a threat." Gabriel turns to his sibling and asks, "Brother, are you all right, nice job taking out the last one", then turning to Lwentano and Rissa, "Lwentano, I am surprised that your blade had no effect, I had heard that Lemures were resilant but"¦ Rissa, you had perfect footwork, good job at breaking their necks." Gabriel then turns to Jack, "Young man, are you alright. What happened to you?"

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 1st Apr, 2010 - 10:38pm

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2010 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Lwentano does not understand why his blade did not do more to the creatures. He silently turns away and cleans his sword and shield of the black ooze that splattered on them. After cleaning his sword and shield he will remove his chain shirt and clean the chain mail. Once he is done he redons his armor and looks around to see what is up.

I feel that these creatures may be immune to normal weapons. What other foul creatures are we going to see this night? Let me take a quick look around the farm house to make sure there are no more surprises out there.

Lwentano will walk out the house and walk around the house checking to make sure thee are not more of these creatures or others heading our way.

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.