PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 2 of 82

Valdienne considers the elf and his questions. - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Mar, 2010 - 8:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (82) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is where the players will post their actions and thoughts on the game. Dungeons and Dragons
12th Mar, 2010 - 6:44am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 2

OOC: Wha? Why? Oliron will never get his player baseline at this rate. I invited someone to the forums and this or KN's game, but I don't know if they'll come.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2010 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

OCC: I guess we wait. OR we can give it a go and see what we can find out.

14th Mar, 2010 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Sieur Valdien Mechidieux, Cormyrian Holy Chevalier of Heironeous the Just, blinks and shrugs at the abrupt departure.

"Bon diuleur! The people in this kingdom... They are unpredictable." says the youth to himself, before noticing the elf at the next table - hmm, features have a slight bluntness to them for an elf, perhaps a half-breed, but it would be insulting to mention that of course, plus he really hadn't seen enough elves to know for sure.

"Not you, misseau elf, I mean - I am from far Cormyr, things are different here." he finishes weakly. Finding no way to improve that angle of the conversation, he gracelessly changes the subject.

"So... Nightmares, dead wizards, stolen books, letters about devils... They are the things of a fairy tale, no?" he asks with insincere skepticism, a slight smile betraying his odd hopefulness that something was amiss in town.

"Ah! Excusez-moi!" The youth suddenly realizes his manners and rises and leans over, extending a hand for a cordial shake.

"Mon nom est... Ehhh...no....again, I am sorry. My name is Mechidieux - Sieur Valdien Mechidieux." he says, a pause hanging dramatically in the air as he amends his name and finishes the shake, then frowns as the mention of the name draws no immediate recognition. He nods curtly and sits back down at his table a little awkwardly.

"That is very nice, how you say, mail shirt, very good quality - not knight quality but still quite nice. I myself have chosen this very rugged scaled armor for the moment, which attracts less attention and is not so daunting to the commoners as my father's full plate suit which I inherited but decided to leave in safe keeping back in my summer home in Cormyr."

Valdien wonders just how convincing that was, but almost gets lost in thought imagining if he DID have a shiny suit of plate - the word "grand" wouldn't begin to cover how awesome he would look, especially astride a barded heavy white charger and arming sword held aloft memorably. Now... What was he saying...?

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2010 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Wow that is a interesting name. I take it your part of the knighthood. I applaud you for that. I hope that your quest of fame is as quick as mine.

Stands and gives a slight bow

You do not mind if I just call you Sir Valdien? Anyways lets share and ale and see if we can put some of these rumors to rest.

Calls out to one of the serving wrenches and orders a ale for himself and the young knight. He moves over to the knights table.

Do you mind if I sit with you? Yes this chain shirt is nice but I am hoping to get a better suit of fine elven chainmail as my adventures continue.

15th Mar, 2010 - 7:43am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Sir Valdien smiles and indicates an empty seat.

"Elven mail would be most fitting - literally. But, what I really wonder, is what this mystery is that is being talked about, with all the hushed tones. Surely it is just stories, but still... Being in training to becoming a full Paladin, I must earn my reputation by selflessly bringing justice to the unjust, law to the lawless and right to the unrighteous, so if there is anything that possibly need my services as a champion of Heironeous, I must look into it. You appear a hale fellow as well, perhaps you are up for a little investigation? I shall speak with the old men."

With that, Sir Valdien rises and moves to the muttering landmarks in the room, waits til he is not interrupting, and introduces himself and asks for more information on their story, and note he is himself a knight errant and duty bound to oppose any threats or danger, so any further information they know would cause Heironeous to no doubt smile on the duo. If possible, he also gets any other info from them about who is who, what names fit what persons in town, so he can get a general "catch up" idea of the situation, to determine if it is something that requires further investigation.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2010 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Picks up the two ales after giving the smiling wench two silver. He sits at the table with Valdien and hands him a mug of ale.

Yes I think further investigation of these strange doings may be something to look into. We may as well start looking for out fame and fortune tonight.

He takes a nice drink of the ale and looks for the serving wench. Spying her he calls her over and asks for the dinner special if they still have some.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2010 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread - Page 2

Smiling back at the wench as she heads back towards the kitchen he misses what is being said around him

So my good knight what do you think we should do now? Those two older men may have had some good information. Where did they go?

17th Mar, 2010 - 8:08am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Valdienne considers the elf and his questions. It would be good to actually at least stumble onto something interesting, if not able to actually seek it out, as been the youth's luck so far. The old men seemed unsteady, un a number of ways, but still talked like there was at least some truth in their tales.

On the other hand, Valdienne again struggles with her conflicting goals of masquerading as a man and achieving proper accolades, and eventually revealing herself as a woman, to prove her own and her sex's equality in justice, honor and all the other laudable goals, and just ending the farce before it begins, and finding some way to become as much of a normal female as possible, as she is not sure in her heart of hearts she really wants adventure, danger, thrills, seeking glory and even dispensing justice - all wonderful ideals and doable, but so daunting, who knows the timeframe, everything seemed stacked against her, and she felt a sort of general resentment toward the world itself, for the kind of things it would force people like herself to go through to prove themselves.

The tankard of ale stares the "knight" down, the taste of it or beer or most other "cheap" alcohol an undeveloped appreciation. The young girl, a good tan and dirt smudged across her face to help disguise her fair (though still muted enough to allow her to pass for a slightly younger boy) features, looks back at the mug. Cheap ale was a laugh here too, Valdienne thought to herself - a silver shilling for one ale? Outrageous. Inflation must be absolutely out of control in this area of the world, as she was used to ale being a penny, from where she came from.

She nods in thanks to her new "friend" and takes a long, quick gulp. Bleagh! Tastes like a cat urinated on a bunch of grain which then got ground up and made into a drink. "Bitter ale face" was something Mechidieux had never gotten control over, but at least she learned to cover it up.

"Your sentiment is appreciated, but ... This is poor quality, room temperature, from a bad crop, processed without care... Wine is more to my liking but I'd not care to indulge just yet, good Lwentano. I like a good night of drinking (liar, she chided herself), but I've found my tastes are a bit more refined that most, not to sound arrogant. But also I'd like to stay clear-headed for now to get a better idea of whatever might be going on in town. You may have the ale though", she says, passing it back over.

But overall she was still excited about the prospect of something out of the ordinary and the elf was right about fame and fortune - maybe she'd be able to decide how dedicated she truly was going to be to her goal once she was involved in actual action.

Valdienne sighs wearily as she stands and slowly strolls around the room, hands behind her back, looking as though considering something, as she attempts to catch any conversation further clarifying what the old men were talking about. Finally she stops at the bar as well and amiably asks, in her traditional affected deep masculine voice, "So... Those two men - quite the storytellers are they? Such fanciful imaginations, yes? Wizards and devils? Who has heard of such things?"

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (82) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.