PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 4 of 30

Alright what about my previous question and - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Mar, 2010 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (30) »
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
9th Mar, 2010 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 4

In Source 3 under Weapon Size there is information on that. I think the general rule is if you are a small creature a medium sized weapon must be able and wielded in the two-handed fashion. Looks like a -2 to the attack roll may be another speed bump for that path.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 9th Mar, 2010 - 4:33pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2010 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions
A Friend

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I don't see why a slightly smaller weapon would do less damage as long as it's wielded the correct way, but, that's just how it is I suppose.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters / slang / shorthand that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you". See Constructive Posting Policy.

9th Mar, 2010 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That's too bad. I would think a shortsword would be usable one-handed for a halfing, but a longsword would probably be too end-heavy for the Halfling's low leverage, to use without some difficulty, unless two-handed. I can't find any rules that indicate otherwise, that a halfling with a katana has to essentially use it like a two-handed sword - though I wonder how a no-dachi would be represented.

I guess if you considered it's a halfling from the Asian-like area, the shortsword would be the halfling sized katana, and uh, what, a dagger or punching dagger or something might be the wakizashi, if that's what you're going for, at lease theme-wise. I still think it's a cool concept, whatever the mechanical stats for it.

9th Mar, 2010 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Yes that is unfortunate though a halfling is the size of a young child and weapons are heavy. If you use a medium sized weapon and take weapon focus you could have only a -1 to the attack roll. Get a +1 weapon and your good, but you can't use a shield so.

Also I think the reduced damage may reflect the fact that a smaller person cannot give as much force with a smaller weapon, or along that line of thought. If you have a smaller weapon and are hitting a larger target it will generally do less to the larger target. Than if that larger target used that same weapon on you the smaller target.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 9th Mar, 2010 - 10:17pm

10th Mar, 2010 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Are we going to use "ooc", "roll" and "SA" for your adventures?

10th Mar, 2010 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

Besides above which no one has answered yet how come you keep updating the game thread if no one has posted yet?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Mar, 2010 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 4

I am just giving background stuff so the players have something to go on. This way you guys are not just sitting around like, what do we do. Were you asking who was coming in and out because you were looking for the others?

10th Mar, 2010 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

Alright what about my previous question and getting JB to throw in some stats and an avatar here too?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (30) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.