PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 5 of 30

QUOTE if you want me to do that too I think - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Mar, 2010 - 10:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (30) »
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
10th Mar, 2010 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 5

rolleyes.gif RPGPundit, JPatt and JB have stated it is to early in the game to write all the code necessary for that. We don't know if this thing will take off or not and JB does not want to waste time and energy writing something that isn't needed.

Sponsored Links:
11th Mar, 2010 - 7:51am / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

It would be nice but I do think it's probably a bit much to start off. That's the problem with D&D for forums, there is a LOT of crud to keep track of per character, and there's no good way to do it, really, especially for more than one game you're in. I don't know how people do it; which is why I stay with the looser, lighter rules systems, that require less microscopic yet expansive tracking - I counted the number of blanks on just the FRONT side of a D&D 3.5 sheet once, and it had 121. That is a LOT of blanks to fill in.

The games I tend to run have a much smaller, more stable block of useful info, and the equipment and other details (magic etc) are basically honor system, as money and gear isn't really focused on, as it isn't the point - no exhausting item list and such - in a way I like it, in a way it's a little lackluster. But that's what I was thinking with Pundit's question, was, do I really WANT, even if it was available, to fill out another complete character sheet for a different game of the same system? But that's maybe my own aversion to D20/D&D coming out there.

So what IS the situation - how many players do you have for sure, and how many are possible or deciding, and how many do you want to start, and such?

11th Mar, 2010 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well as of now it is you JPatt, KNtoran, and RPGPundit. Lionel might be joining, he said he is going to look into it and make a character. Also Beast mentioned a while ago he was interested but I have not heard back from him.

I am waiting for people to role play their characters. JPatt your post was exceptional but I have noticed others post one or two sentences. Sometimes those posts not an action or about their characters. It is going to be very slow if players are not playing. Not just in my campaign but in KNtorans as well. Then again we just started so maybe things will get going.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2010 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions
A Friend

Page 5 Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I am a man of few words. The background of my character is not yet set so I did not post it. I like my actions posted with the fewest words as possible. smile.gif

11th Mar, 2010 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Thats not a problem, I understand some people play differently. I probably should not have typed that in, I just feel frustrated I quess.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2010 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

As the game goes on some of my posts will be longer as I explain my actions. Do not feel frustrated as you stated it would take three characters and you have three that have joined up. I think as time goes on this will be just as active as mine is. With two separate Games going that gives a lot more options for gamers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Mar, 2010 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 5

international QUOTE
do I really WANT, even if it was available, to fill out another complete character sheet for a different game of the same system?

Sounds like your dissing Oliron's game. Isn't that what you do when playing in a AD&D world, put in AD&D character info? I mean that is what Oliron's threads are labelled so why should we expect less?

international QUOTE
but I have noticed others post one or two sentences.

So wait a sec, the length of my character post is a problem now? It's irronic cause I'm actually the first one to create my character and post here and now I'm getting hints that I should pot longer? If you guys want to go for the long story thing that's fine, but if you want me to do that too I think I'll pass this one since the GM here is frustrated already and we haven't even started yet.

11th Mar, 2010 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

international QUOTE
if you want me to do that too I think I'll pass this one since the GM here is frustrated already and we haven't even started yet.

It isn't a huge problem, maybe I just see things differently. I want to encourage more actual role playing. To me just saying one action is fine I suppose but, it would be better if there was more information there. If you don't like my frustration I am sorry. I wasn't trying to make you leave I just wanted players to role play a little more so that the game could come to life a little bit.

Not to be mean but it sort of stinks that you are leaving because I shared an emotion I was feeling with everyone. It isn't just you Pundit. I tend to be frustrated in general with certain posts because they are not constructive and don't add mutch to the game. I think role playing means you play a role. You are in a sense that character. A real person does not just move and swing a weapon. They have a history, feelings, points of view, dislikes, likes, mannerisms, on and on.

Again I am not trying to force anyone to do anything or saying people have to post a certain way. I just wish there was a little more meat there, it makes the game a lot more fun. Sorry if I offended anyone, like I said in retrospect I probably should not have said anything.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (30) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.