PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 12 of 30

Let me give this advise. I had a person run - Page 12 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd May, 2010 - 11:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 30 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (30) »
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
2nd May, 2010 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 12

If we were sitting down at a table I might try and work this into the campaign. At this beginning stage though I cannot in good measure allow different races or classes than the basic. I can suggest to play a forest gnome though, focusing on nature skills. Perhaps multi - classing wizard with rouge or bard. Something along those lines. We can also try and tweak the names of things. Meaning take the statistics that are available and try to come up with another theme. Using Gnome race and sorcerer class, but taking on to be a sprite of some kind.

Sponsored Links:
2nd May, 2010 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Well I don't care I fit's powerful or anything, I was just kind of hoping for a character that could match the idea I was going for. I don't know... Oh, could I make my character a skeleton of a half-elf?

2nd May, 2010 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'm not the GM here, Ryorst, but this is your second game in the player-run section on the site, and Oliron's first GMing gig here, and 3.5 is kinda complicated and scattered enough to begin with (in my opinion).

More as a point of consideration for the other players and the GM and compromise for the sake of smoothness than for anything else, it might be better to just NARRATE you've got a pixie with a vial, it will just be gnome stats or whatever. Just my suggestion.

2nd May, 2010 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Yeah, I could do that, but it just seems... I don't know... It just isn't the same. I mean, there isn't a single base race that gets any charisma bonus. None of them. So basically, none of the races make good Sorcerers or Bards. Some make decent bards or sorcerers, but none make GOOD ones.

2nd May, 2010 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

That's an interesting point. Elves don't get one? I usually play Warhammer, in which elves get Cha bonuses, so I forget about D&D. No doubt a game balance issue for D&D, you can only work within the number of attributes you have, and the more attributes there are, the more complicated it potentially is, and the more diluted the importance of each - WFRP has 9-12 stats so can afford to spread them out a little, but makes it take longer to raise appreciably in stats.

2nd May, 2010 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

It does pose a slight problem in numbers however you get a magical item that could possibly boost your charisma. I haven't really looked into it but there is probably one out there somewhere. Anyways, I am going to have to go with no on skeleton, they are mindless undead. If you have any more ideas I am willing to hear them. However I can only tweak the rules so far until it becomes blatantly unbalanced. This is what I am trying to avoid, while still allowing a decent amount of creative freedom.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd May, 2010 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions - Page 12

Right. Elves get DEX. None of the base races get CHA, which sucks, because that's what sorcs and bards need most. As I plan on making a sorcerer, this is not good. Which is where other races are needed. Or homebrew races, which if done properly can be quite fun. Using just the DMG, Player Handbook, and Monster Manual, there is no way to make a level 1 sorc or bard that is anything better than adequate. I was just wondering if Oliron might decide to include a race that has a latent CHA bonus, just to round things out. All the other stats are accounted for, that matter, I think. Eh... Int for Wiz, STR for barb, DEX for Rogue, Con for fight, WIS for range, CHA for Sorc. Well, they have other classes that use them, but those are the main ones. I think we might be missing a WIS race, an INT race, and a CHA race. Or do gnomes get int? I forget.

Well, I could always just make a dud. A character that is as bad as possible. Like, a bard with -3 CHA mod, and all the skill points put into use rope and swim. With no weapons or armor, and knowing only spells like "know direction" and "ghost sounds"

Or a fighter with high wis, but low everything else, and feats like "weapon finesse" and "improved trip" with no weapons or armor.

Or a monk in heavy plate wielding a greataxe.

Seriously though, a Sorc is what I'm after, but it's pointless making a sorc that isn't good at being a sorc.

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 2nd May, 2010 - 11:13pm

Post Date: 2nd May, 2010 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions
A Friend

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 12

Let me give this advise. I had a person run a nymph as a character. I made him use one magical weapon and that was a bag of holding. She had to immerse herself in her lake water daily to survive. She had a tub too. When he rolled stats I told him to use elf stats with the following modification -2 strength, -2 Int. +1 dex and -2 Cons and +3 Char over the elf stat modifiers. This made the character weaker than most but if using as a sorcerer you can get a nice char. And spell bonus.

> TOPIC: PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.