Any Tips For Training?

Any Tips Training - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Jul, 2003 - 2:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Any Tips For Training? Related Information to Any Tips For Training?
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2003 - 9:37am / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Any Tips For Training?

I am currently in the process of potty training my baby.  Although this is my second child, I don't remember what steps I did with my oldest daughter.  I know that sounds somewhat strange.  But I was a single parent through the first three and half years of my oldest child's life.  I worked many hours at a job to make sure that she and the bills were taken care of.  My friend pretty much did most of the potty training.  

My baby showed signs that she was ready to start potty training about four months ago.  She doesn't want to wear diapers anymore and she prefers wearing the pull-up training pants.  But she just refuses to sit on the potty.  She will flush it, but she will not use it.  I don't really want to force her to use it and her be terrorized or scared of the potty, but I really need some advice on how I can get her to start using it.  We have also got one of those little potty chairs, but she won't sit on it, she just kicks at it while in the bathroom.  

Sponsored Links:
17th Jun, 2003 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Training Tips Any

Well, what you can do is something I did with my son. I took him with me in the bathroom, some babies doesn't know what real is going on in there since parents do not allow them to be around it for obvious reasons but they need to see what's really the bathroom for.
Other tip is if she talks, everytime you need to go to the bathroom start saying out loud, well...I'm going to use the potty, I need to use the potty, potty are for big girls and things like that.
Also try to take her to the potty several times a day, and slowly she will get the idea of what the potty is for.
I didn't use pull ups with my son, I went straight into the potty and no diapers during the night, he did have a couple of accidents during the night the first days but after he did great! do not give her much juice during the night to avoid accidents. But encourage her (not force her) to go to the potty with you and since children love to imitate the parents, she will do everything you do. smile.gif
Any more questions, just ask me smile.gif Hope it helps smile.gif

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2003 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Any Tips For Training? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Thanks LDS!  :)  I will try that and see how it works.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  As for the juice, she doesn't have much to drink after 7 pm.  So hopefully that will help her with overnight 'accidents'.  I'll keep ya posted.  ;)  Thanks again!

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2003 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Training Tips Any

I finally managed to get my baby to sit on the potty. :happy:  No such luck in her using it.  :(  But at least she feels comfortable enough to sit on it.  ;)  She is also to the point now where she will pull her pull-up up and down.  So, it shouldn't be much longer, should it?  I'm not rushing it, just curious, that's all.  

1st Jul, 2003 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Training Tips Any

just curious, that's all.

:spock: msslm, you sound like a new mother or have you forgotten how it once was? LOL

2nd Jul, 2003 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?

I finally managed to get my baby to sit on the potty.

Wow, great! She will start using just now! smile.gif now, just start having the routine of everytime you need to use the bathroom, take her with you so she associates what the potty is for.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2003 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Any Tips Training

you sound like a new mother or have you forgotten how it once was?

Nah, Jb, I didn't forget.  lol  It's sorta complicated, but the short version is, I worked many hours to provide for my oldest child when she was at this age.  My friend was taking care of her for me, so I could work.  (I was a single parent until my oldest one was almost 4.)  I missed out on alot of the developement stuff with her and her growing up at that precious age.  So, some of this potty training is new to me.  lol

4th Jul, 2003 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips Training Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Opppssss... sorry about that and my big fat mouth or should I say big fat text :smile.gif Well it is good to see you get the chance to do it all now. Have fun! I am glad we are over that until at least we have another little one.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Any Tips For Training?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,