Breast Feeding When is it too much?

Breast Feeding Much - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Jan, 2003 - 3:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Breast fed babies are the strongest and brightest kids, but is there a time when you have to say, 'Okay, enough already?'
25th Oct, 2002 - 10:07am / Post ID: #

Some mothers breast feed up to age 6! Isn't this a bit much? I think up to a year is good and by that time normal food (regular table dinner) is introduced so there is no more dependency on the mother's milk.

At the same time I think mothers who refuse to breast feed take away the special blessing of providing antibodies and nutrients to the baby that cannot be had from a 'bottle'. Also there is a special bond between baby and mom when breast feeding.

Maybe I am just talking too much  :-X

Anyway...

How do you feel about it?

Sponsored Links:
25th Oct, 2002 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

much it When Feeding Breast

;D yes JB you're talking to much  :argue
The International Health Association recommends mothers to breastfeed until the age of 3.  La Leche League (an international breastfeeding organization) encourages the mothers to breastfeed UNTIL their children are ready to wean.
There are some misconceptions about the nutritients of the milk of a mother who is breastfeeding a toddler for example, a study shows that when a mother brestfeed a kid after two years old, the milk not only remains stronger and but also produce other anti-bodies that will help the kids to fight infections. That's why you will see that kids that are breastfed DON'T suffer of same diceases than those babies who were bottlefed.
I found this in La Leche League web site about breastfeeding toddlers:

"Possibly the most important aspect of nursing a toddler is not the nutritional or immunologic benefits, important as they are. I  believe the most important aspect of nursing a toddler is the special relationship between child and mother. Breastfeeding is a life affirming act of love. This continues when the baby becomes a toddler. Anyone without prejudices, who has ever observed an
older baby or toddler nursing can testify that there is something almost magical, something special, something far beyond food going on. A nursing toddler will sometimes spontaneously break into laughter for no obvious reason. His delight in the breast goes far beyond a source of food. And if the mother allows herself, breastfeeding becomes a source of delight for her as well, far beyond the pleasure of providing food. Of course, it's not always great, but what is? But when it is, it makes it all so worthwhile.
And if the child does become ill or does get hurt (and they do as they meet other children and become more daring), what easier way to comfort the child than breastfeeding? I remember nights in the emergency department when mothers would walk their ill, non nursing babies or toddlers up and down the halls trying, often unsuccessfully, to console them, while the nursing mothers were sitting quietly with their comforted, if not necessarily happy, babies at the breast."

If anyone has prejudices about seeing or breastfeeding a toddler, they need psychological help...something is not right on them. Men will never understand that special relationship between a mother and a son...
Breastfeeding is the most wonderful act of love that a mother can give to her child...
smile.gif

25th Oct, 2002 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Breast Feeding When is it too much? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

yes JB you're talking to much

Well I am not going to say anymore, especially when you start to whip out all the international organization's quotes and articles about it. Most of all no being able to breast feed myself (obviously) I have to concede.

The only thing I think is a bit exageratted is doing it til the age of three. Also, I am sure the articles don't talk about how the child becomes so accostomed to breast feeding that they get up during the night like a newborn. Oppssss... started again *lol* let me stay quiet....

25th Oct, 2002 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Also, I am sure the articles don't talk about how the child becomes so accostomed to breast feeding that they get up during the night like a newborn. Oppssss... started again *lol* let me stay quiet

The answer you deserve now is this one:

WHATEVER!  :whp I'm very  :happy: to breastfeed and I will do it until it's neccesary  :exr

Any more explanation needed Mr JB ?  :smile.gif

26th Oct, 2002 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Ah yes... women

Yuh can't live without them - you'll get bored. wink.gif

27th Oct, 2002 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Of course!!!  ;D

I send you a  :-* just because I'm goodie and you're moody  :P

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2003 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Breast Feeding When it much

There is nothing like a breastfeeding argument between husband and wife.  Men always worry about the physical disadvantages that may occur to the wife.  SAGGING.

24th Jan, 2003 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Breast Feeding When it much Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

lol@bink. You're so right. Plus how men can know what breastfeeding is like if they cannot do it??. They don't understand the benefits of it, most of the time they're just worried about what everybody else will think about rather than their own children's welfare.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Breast Feeding When is it too much?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,