What your kid likes to eat

What Kid Likes Eat - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Mar, 2003 - 3:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
21st Jan, 2003 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Image from Ecard Taco Bell - you can send taco cards by going to: https://www.tacobell.com

user posted image

FELIPE THINKING ABOUT HIS NEXT MEAL!

Felipe has such a love for junk food and he makes no exception to tacos (which aren't as bad as his other favorite - french fries!)

Sponsored Links:
21st Jan, 2003 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

eat likes kid What

Oh well, Felipe came out just like the mother in that sense. His mom loves junk food too, specially the tacos!. Her high score ever eating hard shell tacos is 14 tacos! yeah, I know, that's way too much! tongue.gif but they taste soooooooo...sooooooo...soooooo nice! biggrin.gif

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2003 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What your kid likes to eat Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

My kid likes to eat dirt and rocks instead of mac 'n' cheese and hot dogs.  Go figure.

24th Jan, 2003 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

eat likes kid What

It seems like your child likes to eat weird stuff huh?. smile.gif Did you try to give him french fries as a way to encourage him eating?. My son loves it. Other good way is to have those little tables and plastic chairs for children and put the food there for them rather than the big boring table. They love it and they will eat more from there. I don't force my son to eat when he doesn't want to, I think is bad to force them to eat because sometimes they don't feel well and when you forced them is worst but I make sure he has plenty fluids to drink. Most kids love fruits that's another healthy snack.

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2003 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

eat likes kid What

My kid doesn't like to eat much of anything.  he's stopped eating things that he used to like spaghetti or pizza or vegetables.  He gets plenty of milk and juice and he likes fruits but he doesn't eat meat.  He has stopped eating things he used to and won't try anything new.  I give him peanut butter and honey sandwiches so he gets his protein from that and I have to find clever ways to give him his veggies like make zucchini bread and carrot cake with wheat flour.

5th Mar, 2003 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

I am a: Parent

veggies like make zucchini bread and carrot cake with wheat flour.

I think LDS_forever would like to get your recipes for that. She likes making those kinds of things. Post it here if you have the time. Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Mar, 2003 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

What kid likes eat

Food coloring in the veggies are GREAT ways to make your kid eat them without even noticed it! smile.gif also, chinese vegetables are really appealing for kids (they like the salty taste). You can try to give him eggrolls too,  my son loves it.
Did you try tacos? the taco seasoning in the meat make kids love it! (and at the same time you add the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese!) smile.gif
Keep trying in new foods, don't give up if he rejects it once or twice. They say it takes 12 to 14 times for a kid to accept a new food. If he doesn't like meat I would not force it but I would make sure he get his protein from peas and beans (soups and chili are great for kids, my son loves spaguetti with chili).
This is what I found on the net to make your kid eat his veggies:

"Always offer a few bites of vegetables with meals. Try a variety of vegetables; this may mean experimenting yourself with some new foods. At three, we discovered my son loved to eat artichokes and soybeans. He loved scraping the artichoke leaves with his teeth, and he loved squeezing the soybean out of  the skin. It was the process of eating these foods that intrigued him. They were not what I would have thought as "kid-favorite foods," but he loved them. Remember to try to stay neutral about eating their vegetables. Raw
vegetables are usually not tolerated until around three years of age. Cut parboiled vegetables into fun shapes or use them to make designs on the plate. For the
ultra-picky vegetable eater, here are some sneaky suggestions.
Finely grate vegetables and melt them in a cheese sandwich or quesadilla or add them pasta, rice, soups, or macaroni and cheese.
Grate vegetables and add them to pancake batter, muffin batter, or scrambled eggs
Add a slice of tomato, cucumber, cooked carrots, or even vegetable juice to a fruited yogurt smoothie drink
Sprinkle peas or corn on yogurt or frozen yogurt and call them "sprinkles."

https://www.kidseatgreat.com/swveggies.html

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2003 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What kid likes eat Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I wish my son would even consider trying any of that stuff.  I've tried soups and all sorts of things, many of what you have named and he absolutely refuses them and if he does try them he ususally spits it right back out again.  He is in rebellion against nearly all foods.  He does eat eggs though.  I trick him into that.  I have  recipe called "Dutch babies"

6 eggs
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. flour

heat the oven to 425 degrees
put the butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
stick the pan into the oven and let the butter melt.
Meanwhile, blend the eggs, milk and flour with a mixer or in a blender.

After the butter is melted put the mix in the pan and cook for twenty minutes.  It will look really funny like mountain peaks or something.  Any way you can put syrup on it or fruit jam, or powdered sugar.  I just put very little syrup on it for my son, so he is interested in eating it but not getting lots of sugar, or fruit jam is good too.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What your kid likes to eat

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,