Tomatoes - What Shall We Do?

Tomatoes Do - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Dec, 2004 - 5:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Tomatoes,Shall Do Health benefits of the Tomato
15th Aug, 2003 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Are you the kind of person that thinks a tomato should be classified as a vegetable? Since it is not maybe you can eat one for breakfast rather than a banana or apple? What if you have many of them?

international QUOTE
TOMATOES 101: HERE'S WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THOSE JUICY TOMATOES IN YOUR GARDEN
It's a tasty question: What to do with all those juicy, ripe tomatoes growing in your garden, or spilling from farm fresh market stands?
Source

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Tomatoes - What Shall We Do? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Aug, 2003 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Do We What Tomatoes

You can very easily make "sun-dried" tomatoes in your oven (although it's kind of hot right now ...  ) or your food dehydrator

Slice firm tomatoes (too juicy and you don't have enough tomato "meat" to use...) in large, round slices

Brush with olive oil

Sprinkle with garlic and herbs to taste

Arrange on a baking sheet, and put in the oven at 250 F for an hour or more.   (or follow your food dehydrator instructions).

Put the dried tomatoes in an airtight jar, and store in a cool dry place.  You can use on salad, pizza, even in soups.  Yum!

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2004 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tomatoes - What Shall We Do? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

To me tomatoes are both, vegetable and fruit. Fresh tomato sandwiches with a dash of salt and pepper, salad greens and strong onions. Home grown tomatoes have the best flavor I think. I love to eat them out of hand with a pinch of salt for one bite then a pinch of sugar for the next!

I also LOVE canned tomatoes, with a sprinkling of sugar on them for breakfast accompanied with crispy toast.

I can't drink canned tomato juice, burns my stomach. But I CAN drink the juice from the canned tomatoes. Odd isn't it?

Try scalloped tomatoes for a side dish with dinner.
1 can (11 1/2 oz.) dice tomatoes
Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Cup croutons
Put tomatoes in a small 1 qt. casserole dish, season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire Sauce. Top with croutons, roll croutons to coat with juice. Dot with margarine or butter, bake at 350 or 400 degrees until the juice boils.

9th Feb, 2004 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Do We What Tomatoes

Just a point of interest, tomatoes are of the fruit variety, not only because of the ay they grow, but they are highly alkaline (so they digest the same as fruit). When you stew a tomato it becomes one of the most acidic foods you can eat and will actually hurt your system. I am sure many of you are laughing and thinking... there goes pasta and pizza, but think about it... remember how people eat these things and then cry... 'heartburn'?

15th May, 2004 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Do We What Tomatoes

Do you need a large place in order to plan tomatoes?. I'm not very much into that stuff that's why I ask but because tomatoes are one of favourites things to eat, I would like to know this.

15th May, 2004 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Nope. You can plant just one or two in a medium-sized container and put in on the porch where it will get a lot of sunlight. Water it well, watch for bugs and worms, add a little fertilizer. Cherry tomatoes are like little bushes, just like chili peppers, and will grow very nicely in a container.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th May, 2004 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Tomatoes What We Do

Good, thanks Farseer. I don't know anything about growing vegetables, any link or book you can suggest for me to learn?.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2004 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tomatoes What We Do Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Why would you want to put tomatoes in a stew and cook them? That just ruins them! I prefer my tomatoes raw, cold, and on its way to my mouth. I do classify them as a fruit, but they're the only fruit I'll eat with salt and pepper on them. This is one of my candies in life. I can eat them just like apples. smile.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Tomatoes - What Shall We Do?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,