Children die preventable fire deaths

Children Die Preventable Fire Deaths - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th Dec, 2003 - 10:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Government campaign aims to help prevent accidents

Statistics show children die in U.S. fires most days of the year, and the government is starting a campaign that aims to help parents avoid such accidents.

"PEOPLE DON"T realize how quickly a fire spreads through a house - especially the children," said R. David Paulison, the national fire administrator. "As adults, it's our job to teach them and protect them until they get to the point where they do understand."

Children 4 and under are more than twice as likely to die in residential fires than the rest of the population, said a report being released Wednesday by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

While children under 5 make up only 7.4 percent of the nation's population, the age group accounts for 16.1 percent of all fire deaths.

https://www.msnbc.com/news/951650.asp?0si=-

I heard about this on the news and read about it on the net.  I figured that I would share it with everyone.

Sponsored Links:
13th Dec, 2003 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

deaths fire preventable die Children

Sometimes I see Felipe's fasination with fire and it really does scare me. His concept of danger is 'if it does not sound or seem noisy' then it is safe. I guess that is the appealing thing about fire for children... that is seems so quite and peaceful when lit on a match, but wow, when it gets out of control! It is so important not only to keep all matches and electrical things away from children but also to supervise, supervise, supervise children, you will be amazed at what they get in their hands.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2003 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Children die preventable fire deaths Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

That is so true. In fact the house the we used to live in had one of the gas wall heaters. While during the summer months, it was not in use, but we still had to try and teach Jacqueline that it could still hurt her. But that was fighting a losing battle and we ended up moving the furniture around to block it off to keep her away from it, during the summer months.

Then we had a problem when she finally figured out how to open the oven door on the stove. I always checked it before I turned it on, she was always trying to stick stuff in it, when she thought no one was looking. smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

I swear sometimes when I see her sitting there on the couch or on the floor she's plotting her next plan for baby domination or trouble. wink.gif

> TOPIC: Children die preventable fire deaths

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,