Mother or Baby?

Mother Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Jun, 2003 - 12:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 21st May, 2003 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Mother or Baby?
A Friend

Mother or Baby?

I am a: Future Parent

I am going to be a father soon. My wife is very popped up now at the belly.
I have this discussion with my wife recently. She is always worried that there may be complications at delivery, and she's afraid too. She said, in a hypothetical situation,  if there's any problem, and I have to choose mother or baby, who would it be. I have always said without second thoughts, that I prefer the doctors to save the mother first. Of course, this is in the scenario that only one will survive.
What do you all think?

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2003 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Baby Mother

Wow, this is a very difficult question to answer Fireduck. As you said, I think I would rather to save the mother's life than the baby's one although I'm sure it's a extremely difficult situation.
Tell her your wife for me to be as calm as she can because all her worries and concern go directly to the baby and he/she needs to be as calm as the mom is smile.gif. She must have faith that everything will be just fine, if all her tests and the pregnancy until now were just fine, there is nothing to worry about. smile.gif It's natural to be afraid, I was scared to death too! smile.gif but everything went wonderfully and everything will be going just fine for you all too. smile.gif If you all believe in God, just keep praying and God will bless you all. smile.gif

21st May, 2003 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Mother or Baby? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think this was discussed before, I can't remember where, but as for me mom comes first.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2003 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Mother or Baby?
A Friend

Baby Mother

Ok, since this is the topic started by me, I guess I should put in an update.

I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE THE MOTHER / BABY CHOICE!

My wife delivered yesterday to a healthy baby boy, after a much-stressed 12 hours labor. At one point, she was in so much pain, we almost opt for a C-section. She didn't want an epidural and she's not in favor of a Ceasarean birth. But man, the pain she went through!!

And I can tell you at that point of time, the baby was also experiencing a little fetal stress. The device that monitored the fetal heartbeat went very low when there's a contraction --- the cord was around his shoulder and neck. As Mommy push downwards, baby gets the cord pinched, and the cord pulling downwards caused Mommy to screamed in pain as the uterine is pulled along.

And of course, the biggest stressed out party that night is the daddy! Thank god, everything turned out fine! Great experience ..... I can say that NOW! wink.gif

1st Jun, 2003 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

Baby Mother

[center]Congratulations![/center]

Now you have earned the title, 'Father' and your wife 'Mother'. I am going to put this as the highlight of the forum today!

1st Jun, 2003 - 7:52am / Post ID: #

Mother or Baby?

Fireduck! Awww my goodness! I'm SO happy for you and your wife!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! smile.gif Tell us all about how the baby looks like and how he's doing, of course, your wife is doing too. ;D I'm very happy for the news!!! what is his name? wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2003 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Mother or Baby?
A Friend

Mother Baby

Geez, Thanks JB! I am kinda embarassed by that huge sign. And thanks for the good wishes too, LDS!

Baby is fine but Mommy has a bit of a backache. And it seems to be hurting her pretty bad. Has a lot of difficulty sitting down or getting up. Her tailbone is the problem.

Actually, in my excitement I forgot to mention in my previous post that at the point of highest stress, when both mother and baby seemed to be under some major stress, I don't think I would have been so clear as before in making the mother or baby choice. Seeing the blipping on the screen and the regular pattern of the printout, you know that there is a life in there waiting to come out. And you would just want to give it the fair chance too. And the poor thing just wrenched my heartstrings when his heartbeats went doen pretty low at one point. I just wanted him to fight too. Then seeing mommy and the pain she was going through, and that fact that she was screaming "I don't think I can make it" just didn't helped at all. I think I suffer the combined volume of stress just seeing the two of them in that trying situation.

And now, I think my worries have just begun too ..... baby is crying..., oh, his diapers need changing,.... dear, can you pull me up.... aaahhh!

But I like every moment of it! wink.gif

1st Jun, 2003 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Mother Baby Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Fireduck, you're so excited you didn't answer some of my questions LOL ;D
Like how the baby looks like and what is his name smile.gif. Yes, enjoy every minute of it...they grow soooo fast. My son is 3 years old and he doesn't want me to kiss him anymore!!! he gets very embarrased! lol. Make sure your wife gets PLENTY rest, don't let her move at all!. So are you ready for the coming months without sleep? LOL some babies are good and they sleep all through the nights, other babies are a nightmare and they cry all night long...smile.gif
Is your wife breastfeeding or bottle feeding?. Say Hi to her for me wink.gif
Tell us more when you get a chance Daddy Fireduck ;D

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mother or Baby?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,