Raising a smart baby

Raising Smart Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 7th Mar, 2003 - 10:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Feb, 2003 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Raising a smart baby

Every parent wants to have a smart son or daughter  ;D who may go to Harvard or Yale University in the future  :D. What are the things that you think you can do as a father or mother to raise a smart, bright child. This thread is for ideas that can help parents to accomplish this goal.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2003 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Raising a smart baby
A Friend

baby smart Raising

I can only think to read to your child and always explain things even if the child does not yet understand.  Expose the child to lots of different musics, cultures, etc...  Find the child's interest, or figure out how that child learns best and use it to teach.  My kid is very active and physical I have to find fun active ways to teach him.  I teach other kids who can learn from me just speaking and using pictures.

6th Mar, 2003 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Raising a smart baby Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

My kid is very active and physical I have to find fun active ways to teach him.  

That sounds like my son smile.gif Any ideas you can give me? by the way, does he drives you crazy during the day? like doing mischievous things and you have to put an eye on him all the time, etc. or asking you for something every 5 minutes?

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2003 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Raising a smart baby
A Friend

baby smart Raising

He drives me nuts sometimes.  He likes to climb on things especially when i'm not looking and then when he sees that I have caught him he climbs down quickly and tries to be cute so I won't get upset at him.  

I have to be overanimated when I talk to him or teach him something and do it with a big smile so that he will copy me.  He likes it when I am really silly with him.  He shows more interest in what I have to say and what I do if I use big motions and and talk really sweet, like the people in the kid shows do.

6th Mar, 2003 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

baby smart Raising

LOL, that sounds exactly like my son!. He's also very sensitive, sometimes I get really upset at him and it makes me feel bad if he cries when I nagged him. sad.gif but sometimes he over do it. My son loves to tickle him and he loves that I put him on my lap and play the games of Sesame street on https://www.sesameworkshop.org
He LOVES the games in there and he can sit down on my lap really quiet to just watch it. It also good because they teach a lot of things like the numbers and the letters. Its really fun smile.gif

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2003 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Raising a smart baby
A Friend

Raising a smart baby

Jarod loves Dora the Explorer and he imitates the words she says.  So he learns from t.v. which is nice when I'm busy with chores and then when I'm done we have our time together to play and learn.   Also at the fisher price website they have online games for infants, and toddlers and they teach abc's and numbers and have stories.  It's really cool.  It's at www.fisherprice.com  and you just go to online games.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Mar, 2003 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Raising smart baby

That's cool. I'll check out that site. When I was in the USA Felipe loved Dora the Explorer and Bob the Builder! any idea on how much cost a dora the explorer video?? I would like to get a couple for him, I don't have cable.

> TOPIC: Raising a smart baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,