Vegetarian Delight

Vegetarian Delight - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Aug, 2004 - 4:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight
A Friend

Vegetarian Delight

Are you a fellow Veggie?

Looking for a place to let down and talk about uniquely Veggie Concerns?
Well if you find such a place let me know

Just Kidding - This little topic might b just the place...

Are you Vegan, Apian, Ovo-Lacto, Pesco-Polo or do those labels confuse you further? Anyway you cut it we are veggies (though I'm still concerned for our pesco-polo brethren - they are a bit confused...)

Care to share?

About Me.

I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian since 2001 before that I was a hard core carnivore... Meat at every meal or it was not a meal... I even was so bad that if I did not satisfy my craving for meat I would crave raw meat... Yeah [kind of] gross but true...

international QUOTE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many things made me become a vegetarian, among them. The higher food yield as a solution to world hunger.
              -- John Denver
So you are the people tearing down the Brazilian rainforest and breeding cattle.
              --Prince Philip to McDonald's of Canada
In all the round world of Utopia there is no meat. There used to be, But now we cannot stand the thought of slaughterhouses. And it is impossible to find anyone who will hew a dead ox or pig.I can still remember as a boy the rejoicings over the closing of the last slaughterhouse.
              -- H G Wells (A Modern Utopia)
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
              --Albert Einstein

Rather off topic, but...
I am also LDS and have been having a heck of a time finding fellow LDS Veggies... So if you are an LDS Veggie, then speak out... And if your aren't, welcome anyways... (especially if you are SDA)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight
A Friend

Delight Vegetarian

First, let me say I am not a "Veggie". But, there is the 3ABN - SDA network that has some pretty interesting cooking shows on it.

IMHO, I think it all goes back to the thought I have heard said, that, everything is here for a reason. We just need to learn to use it in the right manner.

Paula

A recipe I found on their site. Sounds good!   :yum

Strawberry Jam
2 ½ c. fresh or frozen strawberries
½ c. pitted dates or dried pineapple

1. Thaw strawberries if frozen.
2. Whiz strawberries in blender until liquid.
3. Add dates or pineapple to blender & blend until smooth.

Jam will thicken as it refrigerates.

14th Aug, 2003 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

international QUOTE
I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian since 2001 before that I was a hard core carnivore... Meat at every meal or it was not a meal... I even was so bad that if I did not satisfy my craving for meat I would crave raw meat... Yeah [kind of] gross but true...  

Wowwww...raw meat?! that was a real addiction!

I am a new vegetarian. I just started since May 2003 but I have been eaten meat sparingly before that since January 2002. Now, I'm a fully vegetarian and I feel great about it. smile.gif

I like peas, all sort of vegetables and fruits but I hate soya...I just don't like the taste of it! (But I like soya burgers though ) I heard is a matter of how well you know how to cook it, and because I am pretty new on this, I guess I'm not all that good yet  but so far  I didn't try tofu either. Have anybody tried it? I heard it smells stincky!
I make my own veggie burgers and they're so tasty!

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight
A Friend

Delight Vegetarian

I am a new vegetarian. I just started since May 2003 but I have been eaten meat sparingly before that since January 2002. Now, I'm a fully vegetarian and I feel great about it. smile.gif

So glad you decided to choose the light side...

I like peas, all sort of vegetables and fruits but I hate soya...I just don't like the taste of it!!! (But I like soya burgers though wink.gif ) I heard is a matter of how well you know how to cook it, and because I am pretty new on this, I guess I'm not all that good yet wink.gif

Soy can be rather yummy if it prepared correctly... I prefer gluten for working with though...

but so far  I didn't try tofu either. Have anybody tried it? I heard it smells stincky! lol

I really like tofu, I make this tofu and rice dish... take a square (pound) of extra firm tofu, cube it about ¼ inch or so then fry in with soya sauce and poultry seasoning, salt and peper to taste... once the tofu is lightly browned add mushrooms, Onions and garlic ... then once the the onion is starting to turn clear add about 3 cups of cooked rice some more soya sauce and other seasonings to taste... cook untill well blended and yummy...

I make my own veggie burgers and they're soooo tasty!!!! ;D

I would love to try your recipe for veggie burgers... Care to Share?

14th Aug, 2003 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Delight Vegetarian

international QUOTE
I really like tofu, I make this tofu and rice dish... Take a square (pound) of extra firm tofu, cube it about ¼ inch or so then fry in with soya sauce and poultry seasoning, salt and peper to taste... Once the tofu is lightly browned add mushrooms, Onions and garlic ... Then once the the onion is starting to turn clear add about 3 cups of cooked rice some more soya sauce and other seasonings to taste... Cook untill well blended and yummy...

That sounds yummy but my question would be how tofu taste like? and please don't tell me it tastes like tofu.
international QUOTE
I would love to try your recipe for veggie burgers... Care to Share?

Well, I don't have one in writing because I invented my own but I can give you an idea. Chop very finely (if possible put it in a food processor) 1 small onion, a lil bit of celery, green onions and 1 small carrot. Put a lil bit of oil in your pan and saute all these veggies, add a bit of salt, pepper and soya sauce (the amount of veggies you will use depends on how many burgers you wanna make but the veggies is only for taste). When it's light brown and the onions are transparent, remove it from the heat. Cook a half cup or a cup of lentil peas until very soft. Drain them and let it cool. When it's cool, put it in a food processor but do not process it for too long (you want to have some whole lentils still) add the veggies to the lentils and mix thoroughly. Add enough white flour to  form a big ball. Then form burgers very carefully (it will be kind of sticky, so add more flour if needed it). Put your skillet with hot oil in a very low heat and put the burgers to cook. (you want the low heat to be able to cook inside the burger properly) then when both sides and the inside are cooked you can raise the heat at medium/high to make them as brown as you want. Serve it with whole wheat bread and your favourite ketchup/BBQ sauce...enjoy smile.gif

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2004 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight
A Friend

Vegetarian Delight

I, must admit vegges are good, but as you know my girlfriend is a Trini and of the Hindu faith she has to fast [more than I think is good for she] but I also see first hand the problems that come from that type of diet[it effects your health,as being able to find the right supply of vitiamins, excess gas] these are all side effects ,but I cant see my self going through all that.

I was born on the east coast, raised on fish, beef, lamb, duck, goose, pork, all in moderation and I had to eat my vegges its your choice but to my way of thinking going all the way left and eat nothing but veggies,is as bad as going all the way right and eat nothing but meat the human body needs a balance of all foods anyway LDS go to [..] you may find something there you like,as for me I will go to the super market and buy fresh or frozen VEGGIES for the rest of my life and you know I'm not going to be any better or worse for that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2004 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight
A Friend

Vegetarian Delight

Here are two recipes for you.

Avocado Blueberry Smoothie

Ingredients
1/2 cup ice cubes or crushed ice
1 (11.5-oz) can peach nectar (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 large, ripe California Avocado, peeled, seeded, cut in small chunks
1 (6-oz.) carton non-fat vanilla or peach yogurt (about 3/4 cup)
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed, picked over, well-drained
1/4 ripe California Avocado, peeled, sliced lengthwise (optional, for garnish)
6 plump blueberries (optional, for garnish)

Preparation
Place all ingredients in blender with lid.
Blend on high speed for two minutes or until smooth and creamy.
Pour into two tall glasses to serve.
If desired, pierce slice of avocado with three blueberries on a tiny cocktail sword or skewer and hang on the side of the glass for garnish.

Nutrition Info
Per Serving: 291 calories; 7g fat (1g saturated fat, 4g monounsaturated fat, 1g polyunsaturated fat); 22% calories from fat; 0mg cholesterol; 54g carbohydrate; 7g fiber; 7g protein; 81mg sodium.
>> >> >>
California Avocado Tacos

Ingredients
1 ripe California avocado, peeled and seeded
1 medium onion, julienned
2 large green peppers, julienned
2 large red peppers, julienned
1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups fresh tomato salsa (see below)
12 flour tortillas
non-stick cooking spray

Preparation
Spray skillet with cooking spray.
Lightly saute onion and green and red peppers.
Cut avocado into 12 slices.
Warm tortillas in oven and fill with peppers, onions, avocado slices and salsa.
Fold tortillas and serve.

Fresh Tomato Salsa
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup onions, diced
1/2 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. cilantro
1/3 tsp. jalapeño peppers, chopped
1/2 tsp. lime, juiced
pinch of cumin

Salsa Preparation:
Mix together all ingredients and refrigerate in advance.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2004 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Vegetarian Delight
A Friend

Vegetarian Delight Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I am not vegetarian but my hubby is. He's been a vegetarian for more or less 10 years. One dish he likes that I cook ( I am not much of a cook and don't cook much often. ) is a very simple one with tofu , potatoes and tomatoes.

First, I cut the potatoes in little cubes and let it boil until it becomes soft. I also cut the tofu in cubes add some seasoning, pepper, salt and soy sauce and then I fry them until they become light brown. This adds some taste to tofu. I also cube fresh tomatoes ( or sometimes open a can of cube tomatoes) and pour it over tofu. When the potatoes is ready, I add the mixture of tofu and tomatoes and let it boil. Serve it with some bread and walla! Hubby is enjoying a hearty meal.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Vegetarian Delight

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,