Rissa Introduction - Page 3 of 5

I love you guys so much! Rissa hugs - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Mar, 2010 - 11:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Rissa Introduction
A Friend

Rissa Introduction - Page 3

Let me place my welcome into this thread. I see that your finding your way around the RPGs very nicely. At this rate you can join us in Medieval very soon. There, if your interested, I would make a fighter or a thief for our adventure. I can tell you medieval is a tough game and no hand holding. I have lost one character and others have lost as many if not more. It is a cruel world there. I see you have joined my AD&D thread. I am sure you will find a nice home there.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 40
Flag Posts: 101
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.5%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 2

Introduction Rissa

I greatly appreciate your welcoming, I have only been lurking around these threads for a few days and already I am in complete amazement with the DM skills showed on this site. Too bad yourself and Oliron could not have been around when I was a child to take me on some of these adventures with my friends.

I plan on joining Medieval but I assumed it was a much more strict game so I wanted to get my technique with 'Online' Role-playing down before I headed there. Well I have played a few text based role-playing games but they were much different than this. Regardless, I am a fast learner and I can assure you I will be up to par in no time.

I have to note how much I love this community, you guys have been nothing but nice since I have arrived. And it is very refreshing to see such a mature crowd who takes role-playing so seriously rather than a heap of power gamers who role-play having god like abilities to land a critical hit every time.

I feel like I actually belong here and have no desire to leave any time soon, so best wishes to all of you on your adventures. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 27th Mar, 2010 - 2:20am

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Buddhist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2010 - 6:05pm
Signature: How did I get so wise you may ask? Self education and a LOT of life experiences.
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
Charm: 58

Rissa Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

That certainly is some glowing words all around for and from everybody!

It's this kind of thing here in this post that makes me think this is how the internet is SUPPOSED to be - this is how people are supposed to be able to communicate and cooperate and share with others around the world, no matter the subject.

Somehow it almost never happens like that. Again, welcome, I'm glad you're liking it around here - I signed up and didn't visit for years so my activity level tanked and I've posted a ton but still in the low digits, so if you do anything on this site that requires a certain activity level, make sure to post now and then, heh.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Page 3 Introduction Rissa

international QUOTE
this is how people are supposed to be able to communicate and cooperate and share with others around the world, no matter the subject.

Very much agreed.

international QUOTE
I signed up and didn't visit for years so my activity level tanked and I've posted a ton but still in the low digits

I'm sorry to hear that, I have read some of your role-plays and am quite impressed with how you can bring such life and color to your posts. It is people like you that inspire me to dig deeper into the consciousness of my own character and improve my ability as a player. Have you thought about starting a new account so your active status could appear in the higher range?

I do however wish some of the games were more constant in posting, I miss the good old days when I could sit around all weekend with my friends and stay awake all night role-playing without having to stop for anything. This community is active enough to stay but it would be wonderful if you only had to wait 5 minutes at most for someone else to post.

Tenet: Buddhist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2010 - 6:05pm
Signature: How did I get so wise you may ask? Self education and a LOT of life experiences.
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,037
Flag Posts: 51,694
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,594.00 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Rissa

Welcome to the Community.

international QUOTE (Rissa)
Have you thought about starting a new account so your active status could appear in the higher range?

That is not allowed here. Members can Upgrade their Membership by making the suggested Donation to bypass such requirements.

international QUOTE
...but it would be wonderful if you only had to wait 5 minutes at most for someone else to post.

This is an International Community, not everyone is just from the USA or Canada. We also focus on quality rather than quantity so Members are more careful rather than just Posting flippantly.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Rissa Introduction

I was not aware that upgrading a membership could do things such as bypassing the requirements. I am deeply sorry for that remark.

And I am aware that not everyone is from Canada or the US, but I have been at home sick for the past three days on this website from 7am - 3am (give or take a little). I much prefer quality over quantity and I didn't mean to insult the community, I was just stating that it would be nice to play with consecutive posting rather than waiting 4-5 hours. I don't mean to sound like a jerk if that is how I came off.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Rissa Introduction
A Friend

Rissa Introduction - Page 3

Ah To be young and able to stay up many hours posting. I feel for you being home and sick. We hope that you recover soon and can get back to your normality.

We know there is always going to be people coming and going on the internet and at times when more are on line or able to get on line some times the play goes rather quick. other times it is a slow process and one that you in time will get used to. This is one of the reasons I participate in as many of the RPGs that I can. This is also a reason I donated to the site to. I feel that as you get more and more accustomed with this site you will love it greatly.

Heck I think your starting off better and faster than I did a couple years back. You may actually stay ahead of me on posts per day for a bit. smile.gif I hope you enjoy a long stay here.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Rissa Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

I love you guys so much!

Rissa hugs everyone.

I starting to see how it could be better to be involved in several games at once. At first glance of the site and the rules it looks a tad bit overwhelming but I am now starting to get the hang of navigating / organizing.

And I may be young, but not that young anymore I'm afraid, as active as I normally am and being involved in sports / martial arts since I was 4 it is scary to think I am starting to physically feel wear and tear on my body.

Rissa also notes that her and her boyfriend share this profile seeing as we only have one laptop. Also our combined information is kind of mixed into one person so you get to know both of us even though myself (Myrissa) does all the typing while my hubby (Nick) gets to share his great ideas to help me on our adventures. It actually is a great bonding experience for our relationship. He loves to watch me role-play, in fact it was his idea that I type this.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Rissa Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,