Can you sew? - Page 4 of 4

Name: lisa Country: Comments: I used to sew - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Jun, 2010 - 8:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Yes, for BOTH men and women
Post Date: 10th May, 2006 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Can you sew?
A Friend

Can you sew? - Page 4

I love to sew. Can't say when I actually learned, more just kind of did it. My mother always was sewing, and I was always helping her. I used to make most of my childrens clothes when they were little. Even boy's underwear, with fly fronts, they were fun to make. I used to complain that when my boys were little, that it was very limited in what material you could find for boys. Fortunately now is not the case, but they are grown now, and they buy their own.
Someday, I will have grand children then I can sew for them, I hope.

Sponsored Links:
10th May, 2006 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

sew Can

I wish I could sew. I can sew buttons on when they fall off, but that is about it. I have a friend who made her own wedding dress and it was amazing -- I myself, however don't believe I have the patience.

10th May, 2006 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Can you sew? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I can sew, and have been able to since I was 5. I had my own electric sewing machine before I was 7-- a full size one too.

My Mum taught me, because she sews, bakes, cooks, and is a professional cake maker/cake decorator.

I used to make my own clothes when I was little, with the help of my Mum, but these days I just make my own curtains and leave it at that.
It's fun when you've made the curtains to actually see them in use.

10th May, 2006 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 sew Can

I can't say that I have ever actually made anything worthwhile or creative sewing but I do know how to sew. I have altered jackets replaced broken hems in some of many pants as well as buttons and the usual upkeep. I do not sew often simply because it is simpler to go out and buy something rather than repair or alter it. I believe I was in about the seventh grade when I actually started sewing but I can't remember. I did actually make a pillow case once but that is a little too simple to brag about.

4th May, 2007 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

sew Can

I am not a gifted with a needle and thread, but can do the necessary emergency things with buttons and such. I had to learn from a early age because my mother was horrible at sewing and showed it in one particular incident. Being in Boy Scouts, we had a uniform. Well we were going to have our first function where we were going to wear our uniforms, so the patches had to be sewn in place. My mother delayed and delayed it, until that day. She tried to do it, but saw that it was going to take too long, so she improvised...she STAPLED the patches to the uniform. Each patch was outlined in a nice shiny metalic grey and my shirt weighed a ton! Needless to say, I was the talk of the function and it encouraged me to pick up a needle and thread in the future.

We still laugh at the story!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 4th May, 2007 - 8:23am

7th Sep, 2009 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Can you sew?

It's a fact: I don't know more girls than boys who know how to sew. It's pretty much equal. But when I ask who likes to sew more? It's girls. And when I ask who didn't have to look up sewing techniques in a book and just got to it? Once again, more boys than girls.

However, my dad was in the navy when he was younger. He swears on the fact that everyone on the ship had to know how to sew, or else their clothes would fall apart.

I think it's a culture thing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2010 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Can sew - Page 4

Name: lisa

Comments: I used to sew very well until my hands started to develop arthritic pains and I stopped for a bit at first and then left it altogether. I'm hoping my daughters continue where I left off but so far it isn't looking that way.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Can you sew?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,