Cats - Page 2 of 3

I have a cat at home and have almost always - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Jan, 2007 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Best of  Cats Domestic cats and kittens
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2004 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Cats
A Friend

Cats - Page 2

Every cat I have ever had, somewhere around 8 or 10, has met me at the door when I have come home. Each one has either wrapped themself around my shoulder or snuggled up on my lap. They have 'talked' to me while I was cooking, washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom or making the bed. As my hearing gets worse, I depend on my cats to be my ears and alert me when someone drives up to the house, or when the neighborhood kids are lurking around in the wee hours of the morning. They have groomed me, pulled my hand or arm to them in an attempt to get me to hug, pet, and/or hold them. They include me in their play and games. I am one of their litter mates.

I have had one dog. I had her mother, and I helped her when she gave birth to 'Lady'. Lady was my best friend, but she refused to get up on my lap, or up on the bed, even when I tried to get her to do it. She and the cats were best buddies and quite often they would gang up on me. Lady talked to me, and greeted me too.

I prefer cats because I don't have to take them outside to potty and walk. I can leave them for weeks, I have someone come every other day to scoop and to make sure they have plenty of water and dry food, and they have never held grudges.

If you 'cop' and attitude with a cat, they will dish it back to you in spades!! I love them for their independence, their grace, the way they can play with just a shadow! Such imagination. And when a cat loves you, by golly you know you are truly loved.

Anoher thing, when I am depressed, blue or ill, my cats are right there dishing out the love and sympathy. When I come home from a trip to the Temple, they will not leave me alone. They want to be held and refuse to be put on the floor. That is when I call them Velcro Kitty's.

Reconcile Edited: AGene on 27th Mar, 2004 - 2:15am

Sponsored Links:
26th Jul, 2004 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Cats

I have had dogs and cats and by far I love cats more. A dog will love you just because you're there, you have to win a cats love. Cats are far more choosy as to who they give their affection to. Right now I have 2 cats, Kalle is a 5 year old female and Bandit will be 2 next month. I found Kalle when she was only about 2 months old. She was abandoned and was nothing but skin and bone. I took her to a vet who said she was healthy except for being so skinny. So I took her home, she is mostly siamese with something else mixed in. She is one of the sweetest and gentlest cats I have ever known. She can be very timid, but she can also be so cuddly when you win her love. It takes a lot of time to win her love, but it is worth it. Bandit was a pet store kitty, he was 2 months old when we got him. He is mostly black with some white markings, especially on his face giving him the look that he's wearing a mask. He and my husband have totally bonded and can often be found on our bed napping, it is so cute! My one regret is that the 2 cats hate each other and must be kept separate. Maybe it's because Bandit has not been fixed and Kalle has, I don't know but they just don't get along. I did have another cat but he got very sick and I had to put him to sleep (I hate that term) in March of '03, he was 18 years old and he looked like Morris the 9 lives cat, his name was Snapper and he was my baby and I still miss him.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

Cats
A Friend

Cats UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I've had many types of pets including several cats. My current baby is a tortie/white Calico about 9 weeks old now. He name is Kali, after the Hindu goddess of creation and destruction. I figured this name would cover her every mood, but so far she's mostly a lover. I write about her frequently in my Spymac blog.

One thing that hard experience has taught me is that I will never have another male cat. Every one I've ever had has contracted FLUTD. I lost my first male, Spice to it before I even knew of this disorder. Dang near broke my heart. cry.gif My next guy cat, O'Malley got it and had to eat a special diet of low-ash canned food mixed with rice baby cereal and water. My last male, Shadow got it so bad and repeatedly-even on the diet- that he had to be surgically castrated! shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> <br /><br />Here's a very informative article on FLUTD:<br /><br /><a href='https://maxshouse.com/feline_urological_syndrome_fus.htm' target='_blank'>https://maxshouse.com/feline_urological_syndrome_fus.htm</a> </p></div>

</div><div style=

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Cats
A Friend

Page 2 Cats

We a male cat named Berkeley. He was 6 weeks old when we got him and now he is like 15 weeks. He is an adorable little creature but he has his moods. His got his quite , tame moods when he likes to cuddle, get on our lap and snuggle and sleep. He also likes following us around the house especially my 8 month old. He usually stay close with her when he wants to sleep and my little girl is sleeping. On the other hand, it is a no-no to play with him when he is feisty. Even when he is on a playing mood, he can still scratch us and hurt us though I am sure he didn't intend ti do it. He was just being a kitty and being playful. It's a little dangerous with him when he is feisty with our little girl around so we try to make sure he is away from her when he is on those moods.

By the way, Fugitive, thanks for the info about FLUTD. My hubby and I will be checking about it and see to it that little Berkeley will be safe from it.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Cats
A Friend

Cats

Cats are great. I like them bacause they are affectionate, they catch mice/birds/moles, & they are fun to play with.
Kittens are my favorite. They are so cute and cuddly, that I can hardly stand not to pick one up.

Post Date: 9th May, 2005 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Cats
A Friend

Cats

I have to say, cats win every time for me. You can't buy their love, you can't play on their pack or herd instincts, they don't want a super-cat as their leader, they won't take any nonsense. All this adds up to one thing; when a kitty snuggles down against you, he WANTS to be there. It's a chosen, free relationship.
I only wish I could get my relations with humans onto such a clean basis!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jan, 2007 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Cats - Page 2

I have always had a cat for the last 23 years, (obviously different ones) my cat Jess, that I have had for 13 years since being a 6 week old kitten, has moved to my next door neighbors.
This is the only time that any of my cats has ever done this, and he had never done this before (long story why he's called a girls name laugh.gif).. maybe that's why!

Seriously though, we moved to this house just over a year ago, and our neighbors started to encourage my cat into their house, feeding him, and letting him in whenever he wanted.Basically pampering to his every whim, even their kids tucked him up into their beds for story time!

Well it stands to reason, that we have seen less and less of him, and whenever we call round next door, he's either been asleep upstairs or on the sofa.
I now haven't seen him near our house for 6 weeks, and although I've been a bit put out over it, I've accepted that cats will choose where they want to live, and they're not very faithful!
The bonus is that at least he's safe and happy.

This is the only downside that I have ever come across with owning a cat, the rest I can only find praise with.

I am thinking of getting a kitten around September time, once all the holiday season is over. My Mum thinks I'm mad getting another cat, but as I pointed out to her, I hadn't intended not having a cat now by choice, it's purely because he moved out.. hopefully another won't do the same!

12th Jan, 2007 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Cats Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I have a cat at home and have almost always had one. They are friendly and the one I have know acts more like a dog! I will admit though I love dog more just because they are more rough and tumble. Not small dogs but the 50 to 70 lb range.

+  1 2 3 
> TOPIC: Cats

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,