Games & Music Make Teens Go Insane

Games Music Teens Insane - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th Nov, 2003 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2003 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games & Music...it is said by a lot of people these days that both make teenagers go mad, do you REALLY think that these 2 most popular past times make a kid violent? Should these be banned or toned down? Let us know what you think!

Honestly...I think that NO music & games do not make people violent, I think that people make there own choices, and you can't blame them on games...EVERYONE knows they are just games and they are just music lyrics...nothing in both of these past-times are REAL.....

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2003 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Insane Teens Music Games

Bravo, i agree with you 100%.  In english we watched an interview with some army general guy and a tv host.  They were talking aobut how games make kids violent.  One of the things he said was that First Person Shooters make them knowledgable with weaponry.......all I have to say to that is no it doesn't.  I play alot of them and if i had a gun in my hands right now, i wouldn't know how to use it.  I wouldn't even know how to reload it properly.  He also said that it teaches us kids how to hold the firearm.  It made me laugh when he said that because its common sense.  Thats what the handle on the gun is for.  Alright, enough ranting for me.  Its probably getting annoying.

4th Nov, 2003 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Games & Music Make Teens Go Insane Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Well I have to agree with you all to a certain extent and disagree with you all a lil bit too. I personally think that music or games do not necessary and directly make teens violent but if the kid has some behavioral problems, games that are violent or music that promotes violence makes the whole thing worst. Definetly!. I don't see the need for extra violence in games or in music...why? because its not necessary, not enjoyable and third there is no way to limit how 'violent' a game or music can be! can you imagine a game about a guy raping a woman or a song about killing little children? you understand what I mean?. Maybe you all will not be affected by that (since you all are 'normal kids') but if a teen who has some problems already hear and participate in these kind of things it makes it worst!. Plus, I don't understand why a good teen, a healthy one will want to be involved in all this crap...why to promote something that they don't believe in the first place whether is real or not?.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2003 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Insane Teens Music Games

Can you imagine a game about a guy raping a woman or a song about killing little children?

Well first of all, the people who play those types of games are probably already messed up in the head.  Wouldn't the artist of music like that get critisized by the public and sued and stuff?  Are there any songs out there like that?  I don't think i've heard any like that.  

In some games violence is needed, its the whole point of the game.  Especially first person shooters.  Take Counter-strike for example.  Its a game where you can be a terrorist or a counter-terrorist.   In some maps the counter-terrorists have to rescue hostages in a certain ammount of time and in others the terrorists have to plant a bomb and then the counter-terrorists have to defuse it.  Without the violent parts, what would be the point of the game.  Know what I mean?  Outrageous gore in a game when its not needed isn't right though.  Say its a shooting game and there are things exploding.  Thats just not right, thats excessive gore in my opinion.

5th Nov, 2003 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Insane Teens Music Games

its a shooting game and there are things exploding.  Thats just not right, thats excessive gore in my opinion.

But that's just it! who is going to determine how 'violent' a game or a song is, how 'acceptable' can be? :smile.gif violence is violence, no matter how nicely you wanna put it.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2003 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, but nowadays the news has more violence that most games.  It may be in a smaller portion but its real so it is essentially more violent.  Back to the main point of this topic though.  I don't think violence in music and games will make a normal kid go bad.  The kid already has to have violent tendancies and stuff in my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2003 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games & Music Teens Insane

Music and games are most kids pass times at this day and age. Children choose the types of music and games they like acording to there personality, a violent kid will choose a violent game, and a sweet lil kid will choose a nice lil game!
how ever what about kids with no true identlity? they will pick up what ever they see!
what about kids with problems? they want to escape from reality! as long as they dont copy what they hear and see in the game and music world and act it in real life i dont see the harm, for a start violent games and music are not intended for children, lets say for example the simpsons its an adults cartoon and southpark isnt for kids eather, but kids watch them anyway... in video shops you cant sell certain videos to certain age groups...all for a reason...
thats just my opinion maybe you think otherwise.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2003 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games & Music Teens Insane Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I've played many violent games (e.g. Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Doom) but never went out killing anyone who was passing by. Someone has to be already violent or have some kind of disturbance to do such violent things.

And if it was to finish all violence in videgames and songs, we would have to finish all the violence in movies and TV too, or else nothing would change.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Games & Music Make Teens Go Insane

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,