Advice for Teens

Advice Teens - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 16th Aug, 2003 - 2:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
30th Jul, 2003 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Advice for Teens

Do you have something tht is bothering you and want to talk about it?

Some RULES for this thread:

* Do not mention actual names of people
* This thread is not for jokes or punch lines
* Keep in mind our disclaimer and what we posted on this thread: This thread allows teens with concerns to post and get answers on how others would handle their concern, but it should not override what those around you may say, it is just food for thought.

Okay so what is your concern?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Advice for Teens
A Friend

Teens Advice

Ok i need advice, its about a boy. He told me he liked me for 7 months now and i told him i didnt. i said i dont want to lie to you so i will tell you straight up  that i dont like u..... am i mean?

31st Jul, 2003 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Advice for Teens Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

For me to answer this you would have to explain what you mean by 'like you'. Or should I say did you ask what he meant by that?

1st Aug, 2003 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Teens Advice

Mean? no, of course not. If this guy told you he likes you, the first thing you were supposed to ask him is 'in what way do you like me?', you know sometimes we assume somebody like us but it doesn't mean in a romantic way but if he meant that and you told him the truth about how you feel, you did the right thing. You cannot lie to him because you may create hope for him, it is better to say how you really feel. Of course, you need to be extra-caring when you say it, paying attention to the words you use and the way you say it. But to say the truth was the right thing to do and it doesn't make you mean, it makes you honest. wink.gif

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Advice for Teens
A Friend

Teens Advice

You'd be mean if you led him on. You're under no obligation to like someone back just because they've liked you for 7 months and didn't have the guts to tell you until now.

8th Aug, 2003 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Advice for Teens

You're under no obligation to like someone back

True, but you should tell them in a nice way that you don't want to carry anything further, which at this age level should not exist anyway!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Aug, 2003 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Advice Teens

True, but you should tell them in a nice way that you don't want to carry anything further, which at this age level should not exist anyway!

JB, true...but we are in the year 2003!!!!! you forgot? :smile.gif Not that I'm in agreement just commenting since I see kids dating since they're 12!!!!! :smile.gif

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Advice for Teens
A Friend

Advice Teens Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Not all of us are going to be compatible with one another. That's just the way the world is.

You are not under any obligation to "like" him just because he likes you. But, you do have the responsibility to be nice to him and understand that he may have feelings for you in his way.

There are terms that can be used that sound a little more acceptable than just saying "I don't like you." That could be taken very hurtful and deflating to one's ego. Sometimes we have to ask ourselves, "How would I feel if the roles were reversed and I liked him and he said that to me?"

One comeback that comes to mind is "I appreciate your interest in me, but I am really not interested in having a relationship with you more than just friends."

Anyway, food for thought...

Paula  :daisykind

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Advice for Teens

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,