Mormon Church Membership

Mormon Church Membership - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Feb, 2011 - 6:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Nears 14 Million - Passes 14 Million - 280+ Million by 2080 - Mormon Church Growth - Mormon Membership Growth
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2010 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Church Membership

Mormon church membership nears 14 million

LDS Church statistics through Dec. 31, 2009, as released by the First Presidency during the Saturday afternoon session of general conference:

Stakes: 2,865

Missions: 344

Districts: 616

Wards and branches: 28,424

Members: 13,824,854

New children of record: 119,722

Converts: 280,106

Full-time missionaries: 51,736

New temples dedicated: 2 (Draper Utah, Oquirrh Mountain Utah)

Total operating temples: 130
Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2010 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Membership Church Mormon

As a member of the Church and to analyze the progress we're having as a Church body, I would love that the Church can also release the number of less active members and how we're doing in retention. I think that's how we truly can know how well we're doing.

8th Apr, 2010 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Membership Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think retention is a big issue for the Church. We're seeing new members just replacing the old ones who go less active, is that really growth? I'm not sure about that.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2011 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Membership Church Mormon

14 million Mormons and counting

SALT LAKE CITY - It is almost as if Rodney Stark had taken up the ultimate "set a date" missionary challenge - by the time 2080 rolls around, 267,452,000 people will be Mormons. Ref. Source 1

25th Jan, 2011 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Membership Church Mormon

Again, 14 million in record how many of those members are actually active. The Gospel isn't a competition.

25th Jan, 2011 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Membership

The church is a bit over ambitious to think they can get 280 million members in 70 years. Well, maybe they can... It so much easier to be a member now with limitations being kicked out the window most anyone can join without knowing much of what they're getting into.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Feb, 2011 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Membership

international QUOTE (Liahona @ 7-Apr 10, 8:43 AM)
As a member of the Church and to analyze the progress we're having as a Church body, I would love that the Church can also release the number of less active members and how we're doing in retention. I think that's how we truly can know how well we're doing.

I have the same reaction whenever I hear that the Relief Society is said to be the largest woman's organization in the world. It's an unfair statement to make.

6th Feb, 2011 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Membership Mormon Doctrine Studies

Haleray I agree. I don't think is a wise approach to think about souls as "numbers" you know what I am saying? Maybe isn't the Church intention but when they talk about numbers so much and we don't even know how many of them are less active it sends the wrong message in my opinion.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Church Membership

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,