Giving Up US Citizenship To Avoid Tax & Other Issues

Giving Citizenship Avoid Tax Issues - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th May, 2014 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
U.S.A. Would you give up being a citizen of the United States of America in order to avoid paying taxes while overseas?
8th Apr, 2010 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Giving Up US Citizenship To Avoid Tax

I wonder if the US can levy so much tax on her citizens that at some point the value of being a citizen is no longer warranted. Thoughts from US tax payers especially welcomed.

international QUOTE
More Americans Give Up Citizenship As IRS Gets Aggressive Overseas:

The number of American citizens and green-card holders severing their ties with the you.S. Soared in the latter part of 2009, amid looming you.S. Tax increases and a more aggressive posture by the Internal Revenue Service towards Americans living overseas. Ref. Source 5

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2010 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Issues and Tax Avoid Citizenship US Giving

I do not think they can tax me enough for me to give up my citizenship. I know when I was over seas the pay I received was not taxed because I was not in the US. That has been almost 20 years ago so I am sure some laws have changed.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2010 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Giving Up US Citizenship To Avoid Tax & Other Issues History & Civil Business Politics

More American Expatriates Give Up Citizenship:

"Before, no one would dare mention to other Americans that they were even thinking of renouncing their you.S. Nationality. Now, it is an openly discussed issue." Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2012 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Taxes Prompt More Americans to Renounce Citizenship

They say leaving America is about more than money; it's about privacy and red tape. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2013 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

2014: Too Late to Leave The United States?:

"A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that persons renouncing citizenship for a substantial tax avoidance purpose shall be subject to tax and withholding on capital gains, to provide that such persons shall not be admissible to the United States, and for other purposes." Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2013 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Millions of Americans Living Abroad: Get Ready to Comply with New and Absurd U.S. Tax Rules or Give Up Citizenship:

The sledgehammer is the overreaching effect of legislation that is alienating other countries and resulting in millions of U.S. Citizens abroad being forced to either painfully reconsider their nationality, or face a lifetime of onerous bureaucracy, expense and privacy invasion. Ref. Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Aug, 2013 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Giving US Citizenship Avoid Tax & Issues

More US citizens have renounced their citizenship in the first and second quarters than all of 2012 combined, and 2013 a total of 1,130 names appeared on the latest list of renunciations so far. More people are choosing to migrate to other countries rather than the US, due to the tax issue. Source 6

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 14th May, 2014 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Giving US Citizenship Avoid Tax & Issues Politics Business Civil & History

Rush to Give Up U.S. Passports:

Almost 50 years after Oscar-winning actor Yul Brynner gave up his passport at the U.S. Embassy in the Swiss capital, the number of Americans relinquishing their citizenship jumped 47 percent in the first quarter. Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Giving Up US Citizenship To Avoid Tax & Other Issues

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,