Teens - do a little thinking

Teens Thinking - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2004 - 10:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
15th Dec, 2002 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

PONDER

Stop thinking so hard and ponder instead.

Reflect and consider and take all the time you want.  

Turn a question over and over in your mind;

see it forward and backward and upside

down and from the inside out.  Let it roll around

in your mind, in your heart,  in your belly.  

Ponder the decisions you've made in your life -

don't analyze.  Ponder why you feel betrayed by

those you trusted most - don't intellectualize.

Ponder the choices you make when it comes

to relationships - don't try to psychoanalyze.  

Sit and ponder without feeling the need to

careen toward some self - imposed finish line.  

Say Hmmmm often when you ponder.  Ask yourself

Could I be...?

Is it possible that I've...?

Should I consider...?

Be content not to know, just to wonder, just to ponder.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2003 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

thinking little do Teens

In teens lives, we are are so pressured & intimidized by adults. We see them, sure and confident in the way they are.  I do believe that Teens feel preasured, such as right after High School, it's like, make up your mind, what college? To live at home or not? To become a doctor, nurse, teacher, or motel clerk.....it's realy all rushing by, and sometimes it's really hard to just take time and wonder. Wondering does take alot of time. So, I think people just try to rush it, that is why so many end up taking to wrong turn in life, not thinking simple. Perhapes it's better to think both simple and Intelligently. But sure, we should even adults,  take time and search themselves. Are we were they want to be?  In stead of asking children What do you want to do when you grow up? We should ask what are all the thingsyou want to do right now and in the future. Get them wondering a little earlier about things.  I want to be a teacher, travel agent, travel the world, do what God calls me to do, Be Me.  I often wonder what my life will be like after I graduate next year, suppose I'll do all these things, life is short I'm told and have experienced a little, but I can make the time stretch, or seemingly, if I live to the fullest. It's just that we want to do live life exeedingly, and we over think things. and antagonize, expecially older teens.  

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2003 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teens - do a little thinking Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

i agree with carolinegolden especially the part about being pressured by adults. sometimes they do not spend much time with you except its to look at your report card :smile.gif

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2003 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

thinking little do Teens

Wow that is deep you have to do some pondering to get the full meaning it is good to have quiet time to ponder every once and awhile

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2003 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

thinking little do Teens

You know, that entire thing on pondering is great and all. It is just so hard to do it without intelectualizing, or seeking for an answer. I mean, in our society everybody wants everything now. Not later, or in some future date, but now. There is no time left to ponder and that is what makes it so hard. I mean, I've tried to be able to, but all I've been able to do is come up with answers. Not just ideas or possibilities or ponderings. I don't think it is possible anymore to be content not to know.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2003 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wow....That's excellent, JB! Was that a "Spur of the Moment", or thought out? I'll think more often now!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2004 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teens do little thinking

Yes, let's all sit down for a while and meditate, how about that?

For me, pondering is a pretty innocent habit. The only problem is that it seems to be so over cliched. JB's thing is very, very well written, that I will admit, but the problem seems that it sounds like something my teacher has been forcing on us in CME (civics and moral education), and I've grown to be somewhat negative to things like that. Pondering is all well and good, but if you merely ponder, and don't act upon it, then I suppose it's just as good as not pondering at all.

Well now, that's certainly something to ponder upon.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2004 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teens do little thinking Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

QUOTE (xepher @ 21-Jun 04, 10:39 PM)
Pondering is all well and good, but if you merely ponder, and don't act upon it, then I suppose it's just as good as not pondering at all.

Well now, that's certainly something to ponder upon.

Hence, we have created a paradox. Since pondering on things may lead to a situation where one does not do anything at all, there will be no point pondering at all - which makes no sense because we are pondering about the usefulness of pondering. biggrin.gif

Hmm. Yes. We need to reflect. A lot of people do things on the spur of the moment (especially teens, yes - and I admit that I'm like that too sometimes).

But when you start pondering on life's experiences, you may decide that there's really nothing you can do. And when you ponder... You may just realise that there's nothing to certain things, which can make you sad, really.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Teens - do a little thinking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,