Child Bride Raped Bled To Death

Child Bride Raped Bled Death - Studies of Islam - Posted: 5th Mar, 2012 - 5:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th Apr, 2010 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Warning: If you are sensitive, please do not read this article. It is very graphic. It is just unbelievable that kids are going through the same thing every single day. It is disgusting! Why is Yemen NOT protecting children!?

international QUOTE
SHUEBA, Yemen (AP) - A 13-year-old Yemeni child bride who bled to death shortly after marriage was tied down and forced to have sex by her husband, according to interviews with the child's mother, police and medical reports.

The girl's mother, Nijma Ahmed, 50, told the Associated Press that before her daughter lost consciousness, she said that her husband had tied her up and forced himself on her. "She looked like she was butchered," she said about her daughter's injuries.

Elham Assi, 13, bled to death hours after she spoke to her mother and just days after she was married to a 23-year-old man. She died on April 2 in the deeply poor Yemeni village of Shueba, some 200 kilometers northwest of the capital. Her husband, Abed al-Hikmi, is in police custody.

The practice of marrying young girls is widespread in Yemen where a quarter of all females marry before the age of 15, according to a 2009 report by the country's Ministry of Social Affairs. Traditional families prefer young brides because they are seen as more obedient and are expected to have more children.

Legislation to ban child brides has been stalled by opposition from religious leaders. There has been no government comment over the case.

According to police notes from the interrogation of the husband, he was upset because he could not consummate their relationship and felt under pressure to prove his manhood.

Assi's mother said she also tried to persuade her daughter to have sex with her husband so as not to shame the family.

Al-Hikmi took his young bride to a nearby medical clinic, asking a doctor there to administer her tranquilizers so she would not resist his advances. The clinic said it refused.

Al-Hikmi then obtained performance enhancing pills, according to the police interrogation, and that night completed the act while she screamed.

The next day, he returned to the same medical clinic carrying Assi because she could not walk.

"I told him not to go near her for at least ten days," said Dr. Fathiya Haidar. She said Assi's vaginal canal was ripped.

A forensic report obtained by the AP showed that Assi's injuries were much more extensive, including extensive tearing around the vagina and rectum, suggesting that there might have been additional intercourse after the clinic visit.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2012 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Death Bled Raped Bride Child

This is so sad. I understand that other countries still practice arranged marriages, but I thought the young children- I mean wives, had to at least begin menstruating? I wish the United Nations would step in and stop this! There should be an age restriction, and men should stop being so insensitive. She was 13 years old! I started my menses when I was 9- so an age restriction should be put in place. What is wrong with these people?

5th Mar, 2012 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Child Bride Raped Bled To Death Islam Studies

From what little I know about Islam I've always found that the position of the religion towards women (old and young) is not in our favor. I don't know if I can say this without offending but the woman seems to be more like a pet rather than an equal to her husband. I'm not saying that all men in Islam treat their brides like this report said but still.

> TOPIC: Child Bride Raped Bled To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,