I Want To Be A Dungeon Master Too

I Dungeon Master Too - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th May, 2010 - 6:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 
21st May, 2010 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

I know it seems everyone wants a turn at DM'ing but I do too!

I will just lay down my ideas and would like input, not sure where I should have posted this. Also is it too soon to start a new game?

I want to host a game where the characters worry less about rolling and the rules and more about building there character and writing,
As DM I would make all the rolls for you attached to the appropriate skills and will allow a lee-way of about 2 or 3 for creative and thought out role playing, (meaning you will be slightly rewarded and do better for good role playing) But feel free to post by the book if you understand the rules but this will just help people who don't, either way tell me what your trying to do and I make your rolls and tell you how it went.

Characters would start around level 3 or 4 so there a little more developed and have more room for diversity at the start and will negotiate other races. Ive always liked and allowed a flaw's and merits system from games like vampire the masquerade or arcanum

(also would be willing to try a vampire the masquerade game, would require a a fair bit of reading up tho as its been ages!)

Under the character thread everyone will make only one post and edit it as they level up or use/buy items.

Also will do a big update every second day but constant little ones quite often depending on players posts.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2010 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Too Master Dungeon Be Want I

I moved your questions to your own Thread so it keeps on Topic and not distract the other Thread. First off you can start your own RPG at anytime in the the Member Wars Board. I assume you are starting it around the AD&D Rules? Do you have Players already lined up for this because it seems that most of the Players here are involved in several RPGs at the same time?

21st May, 2010 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

I Want To Be A Dungeon Master Too Reviews RPG & Card Board

Hi and thanks for that,
No players interested yet that I know of. At the moment I just want some feedback and ideas, and as players become available or express interest I'll write up the game intro and background, only if I can get the numbers. I know a few of the regulars are already busy with a few games and I don't want players to stretch themselves too much so I probably wont start this too soon but it will give me time to get a solid foundation down and incorporate any interested characters backgrounds into the story.

22nd May, 2010 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

I have to tell you Aive that I'm out for a number of practical reason, none of them intended as offense to you. Assuming I live in KN's game which is the first one I started and played here, I'm PL of course. I was going to run a game myself but nobody seemed interested, so I started in Oliron's to help him him out and encourage him and get a different "flavor" of RP (and GM) here, and then I joined to check out the "official" superhero game which just started.

I feel spread extremely thin - I don't normally do nearly this many things, considering I'm also a moderator on two other sites, have people I talk to, family members, a car being fixed, medical appointments a few times a month, and documents and projects I'm compiling and working on and other forums I post in. I know myself better than to try to start another one because something is going to suffer, probably more than one, and it wouldn't be fair, but I wish you the best if/when you get players - other than time-obligation-wise, I'd probably do it, but I'm about sick of D20, I'd like to add, but am also not overly fond of cooperative storytelling with no game mechanic framework or scenario.

22nd May, 2010 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Didn't I like read somewhere that you're going to be in the military soon? How you going to do that and run a game at the same time?

22nd May, 2010 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

I would be interested but I need to see how my time is going to work coming up. I have a few plans in the making and a lot more responsibilities recently. I am finding myself having trouble keeping up with what I am involved in now. My son likes to use the computer for PBS stuff, and his mother uses the computer for school. Also, now that the weather is nice we plan to go camping like every other weekend, so.

Anyways, right now I can't but maybe in a week or so I'll have a better idea of what is going on time wise.

The format sounds kind of nice, because I wouldn't have to sit there and roll out all my stuff, just post what I am doing. I like that idea, also the fact that we would be higher level is pretty nice too.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 22nd May, 2010 - 1:46am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2010 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

I Want Be Dungeon Master Too

international QUOTE
Didn't I like read somewhere that you're going to be in the military soon? How you going to do that and run a game at the same time?

Just the reserves which is a 1 night and 1 day during the weekend sorta thing with the occasional full weekend but not very often. But that's only if I can fit it around my job still trying to make the pieces fit.

Characters would find themselves starting on a ship, as either a stowaway from the last port, a slave, worker, trader, explorer etc.

That way your not expected to know much history of where you end up town names or locations.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 24th May, 2010 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

I Want Be Dungeon Master Too Board Card & RPG Reviews

Name: Dm

Comments: I was thinking about being a dungeon master recently but I can't stand the fighting over stats. Some players just know how to make a game anything but fun. I've decided to just remain a player that way its not my fault when things don't go right but I still have to not step

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: I Want To Be A Dungeon Master Too

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,