School Boot Camp

School Boot Camp - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Mar, 2006 - 10:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
[Review] Regemented Boarding Schools or Abuse?
21st May, 2003 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

School Boot Camp

Sometimes you see parents who give up on 'parenting' send their teens to these so called, 'behavior modification' schools where they treat you like if you are in boot camp, but is it necessary?

Sometimes I think its the parents who need it because the teen is only reacting to get attention. What do you think?

Deseret News:

IS IT DISCIPLINE -- OR ABUSE?
Ryan Fraidenburgh was 14 when he was brought here shackled, kicking and
screaming. Two men carrying handcuffs and leg irons came for him at his mother's
home in Sacramento, Calif., shoved him into a van and bound him hand and foot.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...34563%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2003 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Camp Boot School

If a teenager does not listen to the parent and a parent does not listen to the teenager then who is listening and who is not? Probably someone else will listen, hence the 'behavior modification' schools?

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2004 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

School Boot Camp
A Friend

School Boot Camp UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I disagree with sending kids to boarding schools...its just not right. Parent's should listne to their children and help them. I know if my parents sent me to a boarding school i would hate them, in the case of some of these troubled kids....it just makes things worse. It would give them the feeling of not being wanted which is probably causing the problem in the first place.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

School Boot Camp
A Friend

Camp Boot School

I agree with Leirsgrios, it would probably just make the problem worse by making the child feel rejected by his own parents. It is not the right way to help the children. I'm not all knowledgeable in this area, but that's definitively the wrong choice, and after reading the article it's a wonder these establishements haven't been all closed.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2006 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Camp Boot School

AUTOPSY: BOY RESTRAINED AT BOOT CAMP DIED FROM SICKLE CELL

A 14-year-old boy who died while being restrained at a military-style boot camp suffered from sickle cell trait, natural complications of which caused the teen's death, according to a medical examiner's report released Thursday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/16/boot.camp/index.html

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2006 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

School Boot Camp
A Friend

School Boot Camp

I missed this earlier in my search..Oops.

Anyways, I had started a thread about this elsewhere, and even after doing a search, I had missed the addition.

This is a story I've been following closely because the center he was beaten at is here in my home town. Despite the findings that his cause of death was due to internal bleeding from the sickle cell, despite his not having been diagnosed with it beforehand. They also released the survellance camera video today, which is parents fought hard for, but she could not bare to watch much of it. The officials who handled this case at the boot camp did an absolutely horrific job, and should be placed under review. After beating him senseless, he started losing consciousness and such, and they tried to force him to walk. He'd take about a step and collapse, and they'd pull him back up, and the same thing would happen. The nurse stood by for forty some odd minutes doing nothing. When she finally did act, she stuck the ammonia stick things up his nose rather than waving them in front of his nose. Had they acted in a more professional manner, that boy would have had a much better chance of still being alive.

Here are some local links in regards to this story:

Local News:

https://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/2330406.html

The video: This is the link to the main page of the news. If you look down on the right side, there is a column of videos. They have the 28 minutes of the unedited video available to be seen. No download necessary:

https://www.wjhg.com/

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

School Boot Camp
A Friend

School Boot Camp

Just an update on this situation we have going on here, in case anybody is interested. The boot camp will be closing in 90 days.

All right, I am editting because I have more information on what they are doing with the boot camp closing. It is closing for good, and they are currently trying to find something to do with the property. There are currently about 22 juveniles there, and 10 of them are scheduled to complete the course within the next month, so only 12 will have to be relocated. I believe the sherriff's office is trying to come up with a different program, but we'll see how that goes.

Reconcile Edited: BabyBlues on 22nd Feb, 2006 - 6:22pm

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2006 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

School Boot Camp
A Friend

School Boot Camp Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

After the casket had been buried, they are raising it up to go through another set of autopsies. The body was taken down to Tampa so that another person, hopefully one who is unbiased towards the situation, can perform another look and see what the true cause of death was.

Full story:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11766276/

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: School Boot Camp

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,