Hunger

Hunger - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 13th Jan, 2009 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Jan, 2009 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Hunger

Hunger

The movie "Hunger" focuses on the story of Bobby Sands, an IRA leader who starved himself to death because he was not treated as a political prisoner by the government but instead as a criminal. He led other prisoners to do so and many died. During their occupation many prison guards also died. "Hunger" stars Michael Fassbender, Liam Cunningham, Stuart Graham and is directed by Steve McQueen. Hunger is filmed in a very monotone way with filming focusing on things that make you wonder where it is going. Then suddenly you are exposed to violence and disgust. Steve McQueen definitely wanted you to get a feeling for life in a prison - too much quiet with periods of violence. It is not the kind of film you want to watch if you get depressed easily or suicidal. By the end of it I could feel nothing for the character or the plight to be honest. I felt like I was watching a documentary, a well made documentary minus the commentator. I was amazed at how frail the star actor's body became, did he actually make himself so thin?

Rate: 2 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<p id=Hunger
Hunger (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2009 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Hunger

QUOTE (JB @ 10-Jan 09, 9:29 PM)
I was amazed at how frail the star actor's body became, did he actually make himself so thin?

Yes, he underwent a medically monitored crash diet to play the role. He said:

"After I started putting weight back on, my doctor told me that the last time I'd been in, the receptionist came up to him and said 'he's really ill isn't he? He's dying of cancer or something,'" he recalls. "It was weird, because I was kind of happy when I heard that."

13th Jan, 2009 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Sports & Fashion Music Movies

That will explain how real it was because it was in fact real to some degree. This was an strangely interesting film, if anyone else saw it I would like their input too.

See that pic below... That is feces smeared on the walls.

Hunger
Hunger (Hover)

> TOPIC: Hunger

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,