Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 15 of 21

How fear of death affects human attitudes - Page 15 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Apr, 2017 - 11:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (21) »
Video Available Video - WARNING - contains graphic content - This Thread does not only deal with the abuse animals go through so that you can have your steak or drumstick, but this Thread also deals with the risks of eating meat: the spreading of disease and major health concerns. Being vegeterian /vegan.
11th Feb, 2017 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 15

My Own Story:

I'm vegan going towards 4 years. I was a vegetarian before that for many years prior. Initially, I did not do it because I was trying to save Bambi, I did it for health. I live a life of immense stress. One day I was eating a piece of chicken and it began to taste how awful it was in my mouth even though it was well cooked. After that the smell of meat was disgusting. I took charge of my health and became vegetarian. With stress piling down and still getting sick I began to remove the other items that come from 'meat' - dairy and became vegan.

I am however not the average vegan, as I eat foods in their natural state as far as possible and do not use any processed or artificial substances in my food. I also avoid things like bread, no artificial sugars and so forth. I'm sure you might think it is extreme but it really isn't. I never get sick. I am able to do phenomenal things that people would think are not possible. I used to be a power lifter, I still have so much strength to the point people are amazed when they watch me carry stuff. Am I being boastful or calling myself a superhero… no, I am just showing you… no animals needed to die for me to do all that I do. The power is in the fruits, nuts, grains, and vegetables. It is a myth that we need all this meat and dairy.

What's Your Source:

Years of personal experience nutrition from power fruits, vegetables, grain and nuts. Never getting sick even when my children are bed ridden from viruses I am normal.

Sponsored Links:
12th Mar, 2017 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

Sorry for just getting back to this JB, others things have been a distraction.

First, before I say anything else, I would like to say I am glad a vegan diet has helped you so much. Being sick is never fun and if cutting out meat and dairy has been of benefit to you in that regard I am glad that it has worked well for you.

Myself, I have had a diet including meat and dairy for all my life and much to even my surprise at time I have very rarely been sick. That least, anything serious. The last time I vividly remember being sick was when I had a stomach flu and that was I believe when I was in high school so like ten years ago.

All through my growing up years, I had such a high immune system where everyone in the house could be sick and I was not. Where I actually got annoyed there wasn't days I didn't need to call in sick from school.

Sure, there was times I perhaps felt a bit under the weather or a bit tired during the day, and I am overweight, but all in all when it comes to sickness or illness it happens very infrequently and is mind enough to go away by the end of the day. My blood pressure has for as long as I can remember been in acceptable range and even my blood sugar stays steady even after having a pasta dinner.

All in all, my experience with health has been very different from yours and from what I have seen from others health is a consideration with many variables.

Still, that does not mean I have not wanted to adjust my diet. Whether in how much I consume or in what I eat and how often. Given my Aspergers I have been considering a non-gluten and non-casein diet as from what I have found wheat and dairy can exaggerate the symptoms.

I just don't see a reason to stop eating meat completely.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Mar, 2017 - 2:09pm

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks Health & Special Psychology

What Animal Protein Does in Your Colon

There’s a take-off of the industry slogan, “Beef: It’s What’s For Dinner” - “Beef: It’s What’s Rotting in Your Colon.” I saw this on a… Ref. Source 7q.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks
A Friend

Page 15 Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

I eat meat every day and I have never had a issue with any colon related diseases. I am up there in age so I do not know if this is something that is possible for me or if this has something to do with the diet the person actually eats and his/her metabolism to make it more likely.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

Everything rots in your colon… That's the point of the colon, break it down, extract the useful, dispose of the toxic and nonuseful.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Diet high in animal protein is associated with NAFLD in overweight people

A diet high in animal protein was associated with a higher risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), a condition in which fat builds up in the liver, new research has found. These findings demonstrated that fructose consumption per se might not be as harmful as previously assumed. Ref. Source 5x.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks - Page 15

I'm a meat eater, but I respect both decisions. Many of my friends are vegans for a variety of reasons, but I've always wondered something. Biologically, aren't humans supposed to eat meat since we are omnivores? I understand the argument against drinking milk and meat from farms that promote cruel practices, but could someone explain the argument for abandoning meat altogether? It was my understanding that one would have to take artificial supplements to substitute the nutrients lost from meat if they become a vegetarian. Isn't this worse in the long run, as they are made in a lab and not in nature? Truly, I am curious!

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks Psychology Special & Health - Page 15

How fear of death affects human attitudes toward animal life

When reminded of death, humans become more likely to support the killing of animals, no matter how they feel about animal rights, researchers have found. Psychology's terror management theory may explain why. The researchers' findings could also help scientists better understand the psychological motivations behind the murder and genocide of humans. Ref. Source 4f.

> TOPIC: Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,