Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 10 of 21

China's freaky new food plan CHINA - Page 10 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th Dec, 2015 - 2:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (21) »
Video Available Video - WARNING - contains graphic content - This Thread does not only deal with the abuse animals go through so that you can have your steak or drumstick, but this Thread also deals with the risks of eating meat: the spreading of disease and major health concerns. Being vegeterian /vegan.
12th Nov, 2015 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 10

Well, in my personal preference meat naturally tastes better when it's fresh. Now I'm not sure what kind of preservatives they put in store bought cuts, but I do know of a butchery that has never let me down. And being from Oklahoma, there's always something in season to fish, trap or shoot.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

Where are the Lowest Rates of Alzheimer’s in the World?

A similar analysis in China arrived at the same conclusion. As the authors of the Japan study (Highlighted in the video, Alzheimer’s Disease: Grain Brain or Meathead?) note, on the basis of these findings, the rate of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia will “continue to rise unless dietary patterns change to those with less reliance on animal products.” This is consistent with data showing those who eat vegetarian appear two to three times less likely to become demented, and the longer one eats meat-free, the lower the associated risk of dementia. Ref. Source 8x

12th Nov, 2015 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks Health & Special Psychology

international QUOTE (Ditto)
Well, in my personal preference meat naturally tastes better when it's fresh.

Ditto, this Thread is based on the first Post which shows the mistreatment of animal life and then asks, "Still want to eat meat?". Did you watch it? Further to this, the Discussion shares the hazards of eating meat in general. It is not a Discussion about how to eat meat, which grade of meat is better or what other meat options are out there. You may want to try Cooking Tips & Recipes.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks
A Friend

Page 10 Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

JB, you have a much, much wider definition of sentience than I do. However, I consider humanity to be part of the ecological cycle, at the top of the carnivores. The fact that we are omnivorous is not a defining factor - it means we can lessen our reliance on consuming meat and survive between periods where we can obtain meat. Other creatures have their places, yes, and in domesticating them, we have ensured the survival of their species. We tithe off that population to satisfy the needs of our own. If they could plead for their lives, we'd treat them much differently as sentients, but the fact is that they can't. They are prey species, part of the ecosystem that lives, reproduces, and dies to uphold the next places un in the cycle.

Would I kill, gut and harvest a cow or a pig to feed my family and myself? Yes. I can't imagine it's much different from the deer I have taken and dressed. Will I take advantage of a society structured so I don't have to do do? Also yes. The people who raise and butcher the animals need jobs too.

Please understand that I have absolutely no problem with the vegetarian lifestyle or veganism. Ordinarily I don't input my own position on this particular subject, but I felt this discussion needed some varied input.

12th Nov, 2015 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

Your description means you are a true meat eater. There are many, who if they had to kill for their own meat would become vegetarian.

international QUOTE (Omnusi)
JB, you have a much, much wider definition of sentience than I do.

What is your definition as it relates to animals?

international QUOTE
They are prey species, part of the ecosystem that lives, reproduces, and dies to uphold the next places un in the cycle.

By this you are saying that mankind is the predator and the animals are there merely for your consumption? While in an any food chain it makes sense - it does not the way man has modernized the killing of animals. The demand is greater than the populace to the point that the animals are subjected to horrific terror in order to get to your dinner plate. Did you watch the video? Did it affect you in any way?

international QUOTE
Ordinarily I don't input my own position on this particular subject, but I felt this discussion needed some varied input.

While I understand that, the subject is more than just the animals but covers the pros and cons of meat eating including the current commercialization and butchery that is happening. As I mentioned before the animal aspect is secondary in nature all be it relevant to my overall take in the matter, my first reason is health.

Rather off topic, but...
As you delve into some of my favorite Topics you will see that my position on many issues is highly unorthodox, as I believe mankind are slaves to a system that has blinded them to the point that they cannot digest anything unless it is a fad, packaged, or on TV, so be ready. wink.gif

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2015 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I do not consider animals used for food to be sentient. My definition of sentience involves possession of higher thought and the ability to communicate abstract concepts. I'm not denying many food animals have feelings at a primitive level. They can feel fear,they can definitely feel pain. That is why I agree that advancing the industrial slaughtering of animals for food into something more humane is a good thing; I do not consider myself to be cruel. You would probably disagree wink.gif

I watched the video, and several more beyond yours. Yep, the food prep industry has plenty of abuses in it, it needs to be overhauled. The processes need to be cleaned up, the companies supplying meat need to be held accountable to their sometimes shady practices. Animals are raised under cruel conditions sometimes, and that is why I generally try to buy food from places where I know the animals are raised humanely, something I have a luxury of doing here in Wisconsin with so many local farms around me. I fully support change in the industry. I refuse to demonize the meat industry as a whole however.

Meat fills in several requirements in a person's daily nutrition. By balancing out my intake, I have managed to stay pretty healthy. But I will still enjoy a nice, juicy steak with bacon on the side regret-free from time to time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Nov, 2015 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks - Page 10

I'm not denying many food animals have feelings at a primitive level. They can feel fear,they can definitely feel pain.

Sentient for me does not refer to their intellect it refers to their nervous system and how their brain registers interference from the environment. Pain is pain. A need to protect your own is just that - a builtin need. These things come natural, they are not taught, however, I know we will not agree on that.

I do not consider myself to be cruel. You would probably disagree

I do not think any such thing. I do not go around judging or debating with people about their takes on meat eating unless they inquire or comment about it as you are doing. In fact, were meat eating reduced to the level that existed in the days of the Native Americans where a kill was considered a 'sacred' process then there might not be any dispute about meat eating. Unfortunately, it is not the case. I won't even get into the stuff animals are injected with and the places where they are kept - disgusting.

The smell of meat disgusts me, I do not like it. You would think I was born vegan, but no, however with enough stress your body and mind changes in ways you can't imagine. I grew up eating meat but have never been a fanatic of it where I must see it on my plate to eat it. In my late thirties I was eating a piece of chicken and had to put it down - it was tasting awful in my mouth, I could taste the blood, I did not like it. Never ate meat since that day.

international QUOTE
But I will still enjoy a nice, juicy steak with bacon on the side regret-free from time to time.

I often find that when a meat eater encounters any topic about being a vegetarian or vegan they usually use the words "Regret free", it is most remarkable as the opposite is not true. I should point out that what many meat eaters do not realize is its not really about the meat as much as the blood - that's what they like. If you drained all the blood - every microscopic amount from the meat what would it taste like?

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2015 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks Psychology Special & Health - Page 10

China's freaky new food plan

CHINA plans to open the world's biggest factory of its kind. Some say it will help feed the country but others have serious concerns. Ref. Source 8v

> TOPIC: Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,