Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 13 of 21

QUOTE (Thomaslee)My main consideration for - Page 13 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jan, 2017 - 6:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (21) »
Video Available Video - WARNING - contains graphic content - This Thread does not only deal with the abuse animals go through so that you can have your steak or drumstick, but this Thread also deals with the risks of eating meat: the spreading of disease and major health concerns. Being vegeterian /vegan.
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2016 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 13

Mostly meat, high protein diet linked to heart failure in older women

Women over the age of 50 who follow a high-protein diet could be at higher risk for heart failure, especially if much of their protein comes from meat, according to preliminary research. Ref. Source 8t.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks
A Friend

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

I read a lot of studies that say meat is bad for you or that we need to eat more meat. Either way I know that too much of one things is always going to be bad for you. Plus now you add in all the processing that some meat goes through it makes it worse for you than fresh meat. This is why I will by fresh meat with no added preservatives to it directly from farmers. I tend to eat a lot more chicken than beef anymore. As I try to be more healthy and watch what I am eating. I doubt I will ever give up on meat totally because of its protein.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks Health & Special Psychology

The Role of Poultry Viruses in Human Cancers

Does a cancer-causing herpes virus in chickens pose a public health threat? Ref. Source 2k.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Page 13 Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

High dietary red meat intake linked to common bowel condition diverticulitis

Replacing one daily portion with poultry or fish may lower risk, findings suggest. Ref. Source 1v.

13th Jan, 2017 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

Watching the video all the way through, I will say that while it does open my eyes to the ill treatment of animals in many farms and slaughter houses… I still do not believe the answer is a vegan diet so much as simply refusing to buy meat, dairy, and sea food from those who treat the animals in such an unethical manner. More, to demand they change their practices and do all they can to truly minimize the pain suffered or how the process while not trying to hide such from the public eye.

I will continue to eat meat and seafood, continue to use dairy. I will simply try to be more aware of where such food comes from and the practices of the providers. Why? Well because I am an omnivore, and I am not ashamed of such. If lions, bears, and foxes can eat meat I see no reason that humans cannot as well. Our methods of killing animals or taking from them substance may be more advanced, and sadly at times more cruel, but all in all the very act of choosing to eat meat or kill for food is in my eyes no different from any other predator or omnivore.

My apologizes JB, but that video did not change my willingness and desire to eat meat.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Jan, 2017 - 4:54pm

17th Jan, 2017 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
My apologizes JB, but that video did not change my willingness and desire to eat meat.
Thomaslee, no need to apologize, to each his own but its not all about the video. Its about health as well and the thought that animals are subject to barbarism. For instance, is there such a thing as humane slaughter? To believe so, in my opinion, is to not understand the nature of sentient beings. One would think in this stage of human civility that we would realize we no longer have to hunt like primitive man before the agriculture age.

international QUOTE
I will simply try to be more aware of where such food comes from and the practices of the providers.

Simply picking and choosing where you get your meat comes from does not guarantee it is neither free from blood diseases and of course there is the subject of humane slaughter.

international QUOTE
Well because I am an omnivore, and I am not ashamed of such.

Are you really? Lots of people think this way but is it really true? You can prove that to yourself using the great words of wisdom from the philosopher Plutarch:

international QUOTE ( Plutarch)
A human body in no way resembles those that were born for ravenousness; it hath no hawk’s bill, no sharp talon, no roughness of teeth, no such strength of stomach or heat of digestion, as can be sufficient to convert or alter such heavy and fleshy fare. But if you will contend that you were born to an inclination to such food as you have now a mind to eat, do you then yourself kill what you would eat. But do it yourself, without the help of a chopping-knife, mallet or axe, as wolves, bears, and lions do, who kill and eat at once. Rend an ox with thy teeth, worry a hog with thy mouth, tear a lamb or a hare in pieces, and fall on and eat it alive as they do. But if thou had rather stay until what thou eat is to become dead, and if thou art loath to force a soul out of its body, why then dost thou against nature eat an animate thing? There is nobody that is willing to eat even a lifeless and a dead thing even as it is; so they boil it, and roast it, and alter it by fire and medicines, as it were, changing and quenching the slaughtered gore with thousands of sweet sauces, that the palate being thereby deceived may admit of such uncouth fare.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2017 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks - Page 13

international QUOTE
Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.
international QUOTE
Reflecting to my previous discussion, saying that meat-eating is unnatural because we need to cook it (Which we don’t) is a flawed argument. Likewise is the claim that we need to be able to hunt down grazing prey with our bare hands, kill and eat it raw a flawed argument. Due to our highly developed brain, we don’t need that, we find other ways. That trait is no stranger than a lions teeth.
The Vegan Biologist

Mainly I thought I'd quote these resources against a few of the arguments you made JB, even though I know full well these very same resources could give reasons why one should consider a vegan or vegetarian diet.

My main consideration for posting this is to make sure the right arguments are made. I hope it is you might allow for me to post these quotes as well as their sources, no I do understand there's a general rule to not post outside of the site.

Admittedly, this is more towards the final quote in which you provided then arguements typed up by yourself.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:18am

19th Jan, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks Psychology Special & Health - Page 13

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
My main consideration for posting this is to make sure the right arguments are made.

What are the "Right" arguments?

Thomaslee, you did not answer my other points about your own argument but instead searched out external quotes from a blog and group.

I understand the reason for your quotes and I can likewise counter those opinions with this one question. If we have a brain to cause war does that mean we should cause it? Wouldn't a wiser brain make peace? Our brain enables us to do things, it doesn't mean its purpose is to enable us to kill other earthlings simply for the reason of an acquired taste for blood.

Now, it is important to understand that this Thread is about the risks that come from eating meat, and the harm done to the same sentient beings that make up your hamburger or chicken sandwich.

Health and diet are actually more than what not to eat... If you really want to know that then go to: Does Anyone Suffer From This?

> TOPIC: Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,