BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico - Page 4 of 13

Gulf oil 'nears Florida beaches' - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2010 - 11:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »

U.S.A. Worst Oill Spill in the history of the USA
Post Date: 28th May, 2010 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico - Page 4

Coast Guard Grounds Ships Involved in Spill Cleanup After 7 Fall Ill; BP Reportedly Preventing Fishermen from Wearing Respirators

At least seven fishermen involved in the cleanup of the BP oil spill were hospitalized on Wednesday after reporting nausea, dizziness, headaches and chest pains. The fishermen were likely exposed to both the leaked oil and chemical dispersants. As a precautionary measure, the Coast Guard has ordered all 125 commercial ships helping with the cleanup to return to land. For weeks, cleanup crews hired by BP have been reporting health issues, but their complaints have largely been ignored. We speak to Clint Guidry, president of the Louisiana Shrimp Association, and Albert Huang, an environmental justice attorney with the Natural Resources Defense Council. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th May, 2010 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico
A Friend

Mexico Gulf Explodes Rig Oil BP

The more and more I hear about this oil spill the worse it gets for BP. I think they could have done a lot more to solve this spill rather than dragging their feet and waiting to be told what to do.

Post Date: 29th May, 2010 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico History & Civil Business Politics

Failure

BP says "top kill" has failed to stop flow of oil from well and it is "time to move on" to another approach. Ref. CNN

29th May, 2010 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Mexico Gulf Explodes Rig Oil BP

This is not a big surprise to me, I don't think they believed it would work when telling us about it. I wonder if they are just waiting for the well to finish spitting oil. Stalling and acting like they are trying so they can argue they did all they could.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

29th May, 2010 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Mexico Gulf Explodes Rig Oil BP

I am amazed that a country like the USA would not have an exact plan for dealing with a broken pipe at the bottom of the ocean knowing that there is a possibility of accidents and the consequences of it in the form of massive oil spills. Now I know some will argue that it is not easy to solve the problem when it is so deep in the ocean - to that I say - why go deep in the ocean in the first place? It is like trying to balance a candle on a tank of gasoline. At some point it will fall and there will be something that will happen that will be unstoppable - such is this Gulf of Mexico oil spill near Louisiana. The other argument is that it is DP's responsibility, well that is true to an extent, because BP is operating within the US and therefore were BP to fold for some reason (which in essence they are showing us now that they cannot handle it) what do you do, just sit back and point fingers at BP while oil gushes out and affects trade, industry and most of all life.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico

BP To Get Criminal Investigation

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says he has launched a criminal investigation into the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2010 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

BP Oil Rig Explodes Gulf Mexico - Page 4

Just as I thought, they were only stalling to see if the well would run dry. They really have no plan or idea of how to stop it.

I will be shocked to see the ones actually responsible do time for this. I laughed when I heard over the radio that they were going to find who was responsible and "make them pay". Who are they kidding, no one is going to jail for this. These rich guys always get off free. Some poor shmuck will end up taking the fall for this I am almost sure.

The news talks about how much damage this has done to the wildlife. Do they not realize this oil is going to seep down into the water table. Most likely into the drinking water as well. I hope they are keeping an eye out for that too.

I wish the US would have done more as well. I think it may have been more complicated though. I am not positive on this but I think there was not really anything we could have done besides try and contain the oil. BP should have been on that from the start.

Rather off topic, but...
Why hasn't President Bush been tried for war crimes? Probably the same reason these BP executives will never be behind bars.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2010 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

BP Oil Rig Explodes Gulf Mexico Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Gulf oil 'nears Florida beaches'

Oil from the Gulf of Mexico is seen off the coast of Florida, as the latest effort to cap the well continues. Ref. Source 2

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,