BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico - Page 8 of 13

It sounds like BP is trying to play it off - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Jul, 2010 - 8:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »

U.S.A. Worst Oill Spill in the history of the USA
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico
A Friend

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico - Page 8

That is just what I was thinking. I remember a few weeks past they had a camera showing a nice clean ocean like they had stopped the flow and then they move the camera and there it is gushing still.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jul, 2010 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Mexico Gulf Explodes Rig Oil BP

And now BP is shafting the fishing community again ...

international QUOTE
BILOXI, Mississippi (Reuters) - Fishermen in Mississippi say they are angry that under the terms of BP's $20 billion oil spill fund, money they earn doing clean-up will be subtracted from their claim against the company.

The fishermen reacted after Kenneth Feinberg, the federal official in charge of administering the compensation fund, announced the decision at a town hall meeting in Biloxi on Friday.

Some walked out of the meeting in protest, arguing it was pointless to work under the Vessels of Opportunity program, set up by BP to help clean up the damage from the deepwater leak that started in April.
"This (Feinberg's ruling) means I am actually losing money because I have to pay my crew out of the money BP is paying me to clean up this oil," Larry Dossett from Biloxi said.

"If he only pays me the difference, I am in the hole. We are financially dead already."
Source 8

Is this fair? In the article Feinberg says "You cannot be paid twice."

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2010 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico History & Civil Business Politics

This is a hard subject to cope with. I can understand that BP does not want to pay a person twice for the same thing. While the fishermen are losing a lot of money sitting idle or even when they are helping to clean up some of the oil. Either way I think there are going to be unhappy people on both sides of this issue as the clean up continues.

18th Jul, 2010 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Mexico Gulf Explodes Rig Oil BP

I don't think the oil spill is a good thing but I think it is good in the way that it is forcing people to pay attention to things they otherwise might ignore.

I don't feel sorry for enron or bp. They are supposed to keep track of this stuff and it's their fault they failed. The people are the ones that really suffer from this blindness.

Rather off topic, but...
This reminds me of the vietnam war and now the iraq war. To me there are many similarities. Yet we seem to never be able to break ourselves free from the same cycles. Obviously it is not the same war but I think many of the parameters are the same.

I just hope once this is all over more regulations are set and things are not forgotten.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 18th Jul, 2010 - 12:58am

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2010 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mexico Gulf Explodes Rig Oil BP

Deep Sea Oil Well Update

Testing of BP well integrity "detected seep a distance from the well" in the Gulf of Mexico, Ret. Adm. Thad Allen says. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2010 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

BP oil leak threatens to bust bedrock:

The US government has ordered oil giant BP to offer a plan for opening the capped oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, after a seep was found threatening to leak into the bedrock. Ref. Source 3

Concern raised about methane at oil spill site:

There are signs of continuing tension between the government and BP executives amid concerns about a seep and possible methane near the busted oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2010 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

BP Oil Rig Explodes Gulf Mexico - Page 8

Well it looks like it will be longer before the oil is capped and shut off completely if they reopen the well and let it leak into the gulf once more.

20th Jul, 2010 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

BP Oil Rig Explodes Gulf Mexico Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

It sounds like BP is trying to play it off like the oil that is leaking fro the ocean floor is a natural leak and nothing to do with their capping efforts. I just have to laugh when I heard this. Like we are just supposed to take their word for anything, please!

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

> TOPIC: BP - Oil Rig Explodes In Gulf Of Mexico

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,