Prostitution In Bangladesh

Prostitution Bangladesh - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Aug, 2013 - 3:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Prostitution in Bangladesh Bangladesh Prostitution - Sex-Workers in Daulatdia
25th Apr, 2010 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Prostitution in Bangladesh

Prostitution in Bangladesh is legal for 18 and above but child prostitution is common. Daulatdia is the most known place where such prostitutes gather. They are called Chukri. There are different classes of prostitutes. Despite 1000s of men using these prostitutes each day the prostitutes are considered rejects of society. What about the men using them? A lot of the women that fall into Prostitution in Bangladesh end up this way by 'force' and are sold as sex slaves. Girls as young as 10 are sold to "Madams" who prostitute girls.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2010 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bangladesh Prostitution

Yeah, it is sick. Families so poor that they sell their young daughters to sex slavery, not knowing where their own child will be sent for such a devilish imprisonment. A good read about this and other forms of modern slavery is detailed in Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy by Kevin Bales. Sad what people buy in this world with money.

27th Apr, 2010 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Prostitution In Bangladesh Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have had personal contact with some missionaries who operate in Bangladesh. They go to the bathroom in ditches there and have no real technology to speak of. This is a bad thing that is going on there but, similar things are happening in "civilized" countries.

It is true one has to ask what about the men that are allowing this trade to be fruitful. They put all the blame on the women but if it was not for the men there would be no sex trade. People in these countries are so destitute they will do whatever they can to survive. To them it is acceptable to sell their daughters. This is most unfortunate but I doubt they do so with a good heart. I wonder if they realize the horrible things that will happen to their child or if they do not care.

Personally I don't care how poor I was I would not sell my own child for a bit of money. They desperately need another option within these countries to avoid such fates. They also need to man up and realize selling your child to such a trade is not acceptable no matter what the situation. If it was not looked on as ok in society there I don't think it would be such a problem. The fact that many there don't even see a problem with it says a lot.

It is a completely different kind of disgusting when a father is not overjoyed to have a daughter because he can raise her well. But happy because he knows in 10 years he can sell her for some money (whether or not she has hit puberty). I also wonder about the males, we hear about the females but I bet the males also share the same fate from time to time.

Rather off topic, but...
This sort of thing will not go unpunished. People think they can do whatever and it is ok as long as others say it is. What they do not realize or ignore is, there is a universal law that governs our lives. They will get theirs one way or the other and should. I wish I knew what to tell people in this situation but I don't. I only hope they can come to terms with their deeds before they die.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 27th Apr, 2010 - 12:38am

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bangladesh Prostitution

Is there no way out, and no help for these girls? I heard the documentary on National Geographic and it made me so sad. Being blind, I was spared seeing the pictures, but the story went straight to my heart. Anyway, I hope there will be someone who can help them, physically and emotionally to realize they are not impure and tainted forever, like their society says.

1st Jun, 2010 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Bangladesh Prostitution

I totally agree with you TheaRamsay. It is sad to know that these girls think they are unworthy and isn't really their fault. I think they need much more than just someone telling them they are worth. They need help, including psychological help.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I feel the same way. This is enslavement, pure and simple. Even in Bangladesh child prostitution is illegal. How could places like Daulatdia exist, and how could a trusted auntie sell her ten-year-old niece? (Maya). I guess you've seen the documentary? Maybe there are organizations that help the girls of Daulatdia. Think I'll have a look around.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution Bangladesh

Name: Yala

Comments: Those countries have aid workers but people in the West generally don't realize just how big a problem this is in lower Asia. It isn't just Bangladesh there is also a big problem with this in Indonesia, Malaysia and India.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2013 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution Bangladesh Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Name: Pamela

Comments: Daulatdia, Bangladesh: I would really like to help. I'm in the early stage of trying to find a way to help these girls (Non-profit/charity). Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

> TOPIC: Prostitution In Bangladesh

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,