Classified Ads Requirements & Policy
This is a FREE facility, however to avoid abuse and spam please note what is required:
1. You must be a Member in good standing
2. Have at least 30 Posts (Replies to Topics of Discussion)
3. Have at least 10 Core Posts (?)
4. Been a Registered Member for at least 30 days
5. Have the necessary FP (?) to obtain the Ad. Currently, 150FP per Ad.
6. You cannot Post more than ONE Ad per day. Each Ad must be unique and not the same or about the same thing. Use ONLY the format shown in the next message below.
7. Ads must not be referral links, adult material, or scams. The product or service offered must be something of your own and not someone else.
8. Although you can add a URL (Link) to your website we ask that you do not Post any Email address or personal / home addresses. Business phone numbers allowed.
9. As per our Rules you cannot offer services that compete with ours such as those related to Web Design. Web hosting or domain sales allowed.
10. If you DO NOT want to meet the above Post or Member Time requirements then we can insert the Ad for you at US$20 per Ad. If you want to do this please feel free to send me details via our Contact Page and I will get back to you.
Note: Once your Ad is created do not use regular Threads to point Members to your Ad or redirect Discussions to your Ad.
NOTE: This is a Member Ad and not a regular Topic of Discussion. Please verify all information provided. Disclaimer
1. If you meet the requirements above then Start A New Classified Ad.
2. Use ONLY the following format to create your Ad
Where Do Ads Show?
Ads show in any relevant Board. For instance if you want to place an Ad about Web Hosting then it will go in the Web Design, Hosting, SEO, Client Help Board and appear just like one of the Threads.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can anyone see my Ad?
A. Yes. Only if your Ad is placed in a Board not viewable by the Public such as the Mature Boards.
Q. How do you know which Board to place my Ad?
A. When you submit the Ad you will indicate which Board it should appear. Of course if your Ad has nothing to do with the Board you are requesting we will then move it to the relevant Board.
Q. Can I really post a link?
A. Yes, so long as you meet the requirements.
Q. How will my link appear?
A. With the name of your ad and open in a new window.
Q. Can I bump my Ad by Replying to it?
A. Absolutely not. If Members have genuine comments they can Reply and then you can respond to them.
Q. How long will my ad run on here?
A. Indefinitely really.
Q. I am a guest and viewing this, how can I place an ad here?
A. You need to meet the requirements Posted at the start of this Message.
Q. What is so special about your classified Ads?
A. We maintain a very high position on search engines, this means that your ad will get significant views and possible Member reviews.
Q. Can I place a banner on your site?
A. This depends on the kind of banner, the best thing to do is contact us first! We do have a Banner Ads system located here: Source 5
Q. How can I tell the difference between a regular Thread and a personal Ad?
A. All Classified Ads have as part of their description: "Member Classified Ad". The background of the post also is unique and contains a Disclaimer for Members to be advised.
I would like to emphasize that ads placed here should be personal in nature and not copies of spam mail. Any ad found to be a pyramid scheme, offer for something fraudulent or suspicious will be deleted!
Q. What is 'personal' really?
A. In other words you are the advertiser or direct owner of your product / service and not getting a commission or trying to promote an organization or company.
Q. I want more exposure - do you provide this?
A. Yes - contact us for details or buy Ads for this Community: Source 7
A pause from About Posting Classified Ads to share correct from past times:
Today is: 22nd July (GMT), in history on the 22nd of July, 1942 AD the following event happened:
4th Russian Pantser army forms with 80 tanks