Why Is God Smiting The Deep South?

Why God Smiting Deep South - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 5th May, 2010 - 4:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why Is God Smiting the Deep South?:

It's notable then that with the biggest-ever oil slick bearing down on Gulf Coast beaches and a spate of deadly tornadoes and floods across the South over the past few weeks, interpreters of divine vengeance have been eerily quiet. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2010 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

South Deep Smiting God Why

Personally I feel God's wrath has absolutely nothing to do with natural disasters. This is a age old "parlor trick" used by "spiritual leaders" to convince people God is angry with them for one reason or another.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 5th May, 2010 - 2:26am

Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Is God Smiting The Deep South? Beliefs Religious General

I am thinking the oil spill may have been a act of man and not god. I have a feeling but can not prove it that the oil well platform was set to explode and cause this oil leak. I find it funny that it exploded just as it started to get oil.

The floods and tornados is just a normal storm pattern that happens to be stuck in neutral and not moving out of the area. God is not mad at the south.

5th May, 2010 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

I find it very interesting that when the devil is at work he uses very subversive and intelligent means to achieve his goals. When God is at work he just blasts everything to pieces. Is that really the actions of an all knowing being? Why is the devil seemingly so much more intelligent?

5th May, 2010 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

There was a Thread somewhere around here (possibly even more and it may have been Pat Robinson) where one preacher claimed that a certain place (I think it was Haiti) had destruction against it because God was unhappy. The main gist here is that the preachers all stay quiet when it happens in the Bible belt.

5th May, 2010 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

I think that goes right along with the fact this is nonsense. When it is convenient for preachers, nature is God's tool. Using it as a tool to ask for money for aid to these "God forsaken" areas. When it happens in their own backyards they have no comment.

international QUOTE
This reminds me of a "christian" channel I was watching on tv. At one point the preacher asked the people to hold their wallets up to God and ask for more money pretty much. Claiming the more you give the more God will give you.

Once I saw all these people raising all their wallets to the sky, eyes closed and praying, I thought, "WHAT !" Do you realize your raising your wallets to God asking for money. I mean this is the complete opposite of what Jesus was trying to teach people, unbelievable. Yet here they where praying to God for money wallets in the air.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Why Is God Smiting The Deep South?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,