Choosing Dolls As Partners

Choosing Dolls Partners - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Apr, 2013 - 12:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
  Choosing Dolls As Partners Love Doll Owners - Real Doll
9th May, 2010 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Have you seen the National Geographic documentary about people who have serious relationships with full size dolls? Davecat from Detroit is one guy that was featured. It was mentioned that Asperger's Syndrome might be a reason why people choose to have relationships with these dolls rather than real people or organic women as they put it. Davecat mentioned that he was basically tired of being rejected and so bought a life doll for US$5,000 a decade ago and still treats the doll like a real partner. Davecat even gave her a name: "Sidore". What are your thoughts?

In the attached you can see how this one company produces high priced dolls that look just like a human in fact could you tell with the image below if you did not know the topic we were discussing?

Choosing Dolls As Partners (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2010 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Partners Dolls Choosing

The first question to pop into my head is, why name her Sidore, maybe its just me but that isn't the most flattering name for a "woman".

I have to say it is strange, but I can see where the guy is coming from. Not to say women are not worth it, but I have found they like to play games which can get pretty hurtful. Also a lot of them have issues that if you are with them every day, you begin to loose your mind.

I think a doll is a doll, it is definitely not the real thing. I would say use it as a crutch if you must but don't resign yourself to just a doll. Not only is it on some level just wrong, but it is sad.

9th May, 2010 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Choosing Dolls As Partners Health & Special Psychology

I was amazed that this guy, Davcat would make something like this internationally known. He is obviously very confident with his 'relationship' or does not realize how taboo it is on all levels.

In this particular documentary there was also a guy from England featured and he had nine dolls. One for each mood. Some were dressed a bimbos and others as Rambo. Both men like the idea of not having to talk to or interact with their 'women' if they didn't want to.

9th May, 2010 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Partners Dolls Choosing

Anyone even thinking about doing this is mentally unstable. They need help that no doll is going to give them. They need a psychologist to help them work out their problems. I don't think practically marrying a doll is related with Aspergers' syndorme because then most people with Asperger's would end up with dolls and its just not like that.

24th May, 2010 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Partners Dolls Choosing

I kind of agree with all the ideas here. I can see the inclination, but there's this thing in our brains that is supposed to tell us, "Hey, wait a minute, I think this might not be realistic or healthy for us."

I agree that it would seem to me that allowing to let this kind of thing be known, even locally, let alone internationally as part of a famous channel's documentary, shows a sign of mental impairment - UNLESS he was counting on it, in a lottery-like fashion, to net him a real lady, or fame which could ameliorate what IS wrong in his life - money can't buy happiness but I suppose you could do worse than try.

I think it would be cool to have one of them just to have them, stand them up in a corner or pose them at a table or something, or put them in like viking clothes with a sword or something for added atmosphere for playing tabletop rpgs, but $5,000 is a bit pricey for a giant Barbie.

1st Jun, 2010 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
I think it would be cool to have one of them just to have them, stand them up in a corner or pose them at a table or something...

The idea of these dolls is not for display. They are supposed to be used. If you are looking for a display just go out and buy a Barbie and they do come in a variety of outfits but you know any guy wanting dolls big or small is bound to attract noticeable attention be it unwanted or otherwise.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2010 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Choosing Dolls Partners

I find the whole idea disturbing. The time they spend on these dolls, the money they invest on them, it's a little creepy. I believe there are psychological issues that need to be addressed urgently.

28th Apr, 2013 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Choosing Dolls Partners Psychology Special & Health

This is totally disgusting. It could be their private lives but using an inanimate object for nothing else than - that - is something sick my opinion.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Choosing Dolls As Partners

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,