9/11 Mosque - Studies of Islam - Posted: 14th Aug, 2010 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Ground zero mosque
Post Date: 15th May, 2010 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

9/11 Mosque

9/11 mosque

The World Trade Center Towers have not yet been re-built, but there is one building right across from ground zero that's on schedule to open soon: it's a mosque. Hey if you want to build a mosque there, whatevs, go for it - but what has people really upset is that the dedication date is set for (you guessed it) 9/11/11. We have American kids getting tossed out of school for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo (a Mexican beer holiday) because they were being insensitive. But it's totally cool to open a mosque right across the street from ground zero on 9/11? Glenn has this story and Eric Holder audio as he continues his streak of idiotic comments. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Mosque

Haters Go After the 'Ground Zero Mosque':

If we follow the "logic" of Newt and his fellow crusaders, then this should be torn down - along with all the other hundreds of mosques in New York City. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

9/11 Mosque Islam Studies

Extremism at Ground Zero (Again)
By Stephan Salisbury

There is a distinct creepiness to the controversy now raging around a proposed Islamic cultural center in Lower Manhattan. The angry "debate" over whether the building should exist has a kind of glitch-in-the-Matrix feel to it, leaving in its wake an aura of something-very-bad-about-to-happen. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

9/11 Mosque
A Friend

Mosque

I hope that all the people who are against this can understand that if this is to be a multi cultural center then let them build it. Maybe it can be a center where all religions can come together and actually learn to get along and not want to kill each other all the time.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2010 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Mosque

"I Fear for My Country": Muslim Leader Daisy Khan on Opposition to Ground Zero Mosque and Others Nationwide

Debate is intensifying over the planned construction of an Islamic center and mosque two blocks from New York's Ground Zero. But it is not just a local issue. Across the country, Muslim groups are facing attacks over plans to build new mosques. We speak to Daisy Khan of the American Society for Muslim Advancement, one of the main organizations behind the mosque project, and the wife of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf; and Stephan Salisbury, cultural writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer and author of Mohamed's Ghosts: An American Story of Love and Fear in the Homeland. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2010 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

9/11 Mosque
A Friend

9/11 Mosque

The more and more I here of this debate the more I think that people are going to resort to violence over this issue, I hope that people come together to a table or open forum where they can talk and sort out their differences so that what ever happens everyone is satisfied with the end result.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2010 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

9/11 Mosque

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Friday forcefully endorsed building a mosque near ground zero, saying the country's founding principles demanded no less Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2010 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

9/11 Mosque Studies Islam

Name: Philly

Comments: What I don't understand is why they are fussing about this when its two blocks away from the actual site? I could understand if the mosque was being built in place of where the twin towers once stood but its not like that.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: 9/11 Mosque

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,