Bill Gates and Bugs - Page 2 of 4

The EU makes MicroSoft pay up for illegally - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 24th Mar, 2004 - 2:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
19th Jan, 2004 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Bill Gates and Bugs - Page 2

As much as I dislike Microsoft, I have found that generally they do listen to their customers. I think it is quite likely they just weren't aware of the issues in the smaller third world countries. I think they probably based their decision on what they knew from the US and other modern technological countries such as Europe. Then when they became aware of the problems this would cause for some countries, they changed their policy. You will note they didn't say we will continue indefinately to support it. What they did was say, we probably didn't give you enough notice of this impending change. So, they have granted a temporary reprieve. They are still going to discontinue support so upgrading will still be necessary.

They don't make any money when you don't upgrade, and they are in business, after all, to make money.

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2004 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Bugs Gates Bill

Yes, but how much money do they want to make? I think Microsoft is not the problem, the problem is all the silly customers running out to buy their new operating systems as soon as it hits the store shelves.

19th Jan, 2004 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Bill Gates and Bugs Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Yes, I agree if people didn't buy them they wouldn't keep upgrading them, but often there is little choice. If you want to buy a new computer you are forced to get it with the latest software release installed. So, often that is how it happens. After a certain number of new systems are in place, others are forced to some degree to upgrade in order to remain compatible.. There are also, of course, those who just absolutely must have the latest and greatest no matter what it is....computers, TVs, cars, etc.

19th Jan, 2004 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bugs Gates Bill

That... 'I must have the latest' syndrome makes me sick really, but it is that concept that makes people like Bill so rich.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2004 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Bill Gates and Bugs
A Friend

Bugs Gates Bill

I still have Windows 98 on both computers. Some of us just don't have enough money to justify upgrading for now. Besides, I am so sick of Microsoft telling me what I can and can't do to my own system- while they're taking what money I do have- that I'd be one of the first to defect if something better came along.
By the way, has anyone downloaded that new program online? The one that might actually work better than a lot of the Microsoft programs? I don't have a fast enough procesor yet, but sure would love to hear if it's as great as they say.
I think it's on www.nbor.com I can remember it as "won't you be my neighbor?" (NBOR...get it?)
Okay...back to work. smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

20th Jan, 2004 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Bill Gates and Bugs

Which new product do you mean? Are you talking about a Microsoft Product or something made by another company?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2004 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Bill Gates Bugs - Page 2

So what's new? Microsoft and all its bugs again, but really I think that Microsoft has developed an image that every hacker and cracker wants to 'punish'. Hence it may not be that Windows software is as bad as they make it sound, but everyone is targeting it to find the flaws and leaving the others alone.

MICROSOFT WARNING OF SECURITY FLAWS
Microsoft Corp. warned customers Tuesday about unusually serious security problems with its Windows software that could let hackers quietly break into their computers to steal files, delete data or eavesdrop on sensitive information.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...42353%2C00.html

24th Mar, 2004 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Bill Gates Bugs Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

The EU makes MicroSoft pay up for illegally forcing users to take their software when purchasing their computer. Now in the EU users will have the option of which operating system they want installed! Let's hope the rest of the world follow. Yeah!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Bill Gates and Bugs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,