Servers/Hosting

Servers/hosting - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 29th Sep, 2003 - 6:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
20th Sep, 2003 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting

Tech Level: Tech

If you ever wanted to know why an email keeps returning or why your server is giving trouble then this is a great site for detecting errors.

https://www.dnsreport.com/

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2003 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting
A Friend

ServersHosting

Thanks for the link!

JB, or anyone else: do you know any good places tog et webhosting from? I need a new one to host my board, the trouble may be with bandwidth because boards use up alot don't they? :-/

20th Sep, 2003 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting Gaming Video & Issues Computer

:spock: After going through several hosts I cannot recommend any, but I can tell you of a good place to start looking...

https://www.webhostingtalk.com

I am on there as game master. You can go to the board that allows you to post the kind of server you are looking for and people will respond. Their forum is massive so that you cn search for current hosts and their reviews.

When you find the host you want... look its' name up in a sarch engine by putting 'host name + bad + trouble' and see if you come up with anything.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2003 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting
A Friend

ServersHosting

Thanks for the tips JB.

I just wondered: how much bandwidth do you use a month for this board and how much bandwidth does your host provide? I don't know how much mine currently uses so I need some idea of what i'm looking for.

26th Sep, 2003 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

ServersHosting

I cannot tell you for just this bulletin board (although it does take the most), but I rarely go over 6-7GB per month. Remember, I also use GZIP on these scripts so whatever it would normally be is reduced considerably.

Did you try the link above? Excellent place to look for hosts.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2003 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting
A Friend

Servers/Hosting

OMG that forum is massive: There are currently 201 member(s) and 145 guest(s) on the boards. Our Record is 1028 on 09-24-2003 at 07:40 PM.

I'm looking on there now thanks. The thing is I already pay for webhosting, i have 2 different servers, 1 was free and 1 I pay for, now the free one is closing down and I think the other one doesn't have enough bandwidth. I have installed gzip and it works for me but for some of my regular users it won't work :-/
My board has up to 40 different members on it a day and guests plus i use the news script on the min site so i don't know what i'm onna do. hopefully tht site will give me a good host smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2003 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting

Yes they are big and full of information. You will learn a lot there about hosting and other things. I find the people as friendly as those at BoardMod.org

Well based on recent events you can see why I cannot recommend any. I was recently saying on that same forum that the only good host is your own personal host. If I had a constant reliable connection then I would just run everything myself.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2003 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Servers/Hosting
A Friend

Servers/Hosting Computer Issues & Video Gaming

If you did host it yourself would it be safe? As long as you have a firewall and anti virus i guess it would be alright? I did have a thing to make my own server on my old computer, but isnt there a problem if your ip address changes?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Servers/Hosting

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,