MSN to close chat rooms?

Msn Close Chat Rooms - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Dec, 2003 - 10:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2003 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

MSN to close chat rooms?
A Friend

MSN to close chat rooms?

MSN to close chat rooms

Microsoft says it will drop chat room services in 28 countries next month, in a move it says will ward off pedophiles and junk e-mailers.

But tech analysts said the changes would help the software giant get rid of users who don't pay and are not contributing to the company's bottom line.

"They're trying to move people to their paid subscription sites," said Ian Brown, director of the Foundation for Information Policy Research, a technology think tank. "They are shutting down services for which people are not paying and getting a good bit of P.R. out of it."

In a statement, the Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft said it made the decision following the growing abuse of the Internet, particularly in unsupervised, anonymous chat rooms.

https://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/...chat/index.html

Sponsored Links:
6th Dec, 2003 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

rooms chat close MSN

Well its good that they are soing something about it, but they also have message board systems that are causing a lot of havoc.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2003 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

MSN to close chat rooms?
A Friend

MSN to close chat rooms? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Now I didn't know they had message boards. I did used to frequent their chat rooms before I joined this site. I found their chatrooms a bit better than the yahoo ones. But I don't frequent any other chat rooms now except the one on this site.

> TOPIC: MSN to close chat rooms?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,