HELP! Msn Problem

Help Msn Problem - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 3rd Sep, 2003 - 1:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

HELP! Msn Problem

:'( :'( i'm hoping someone can help me.

For some reason my msn messenger will not work!  :'(
Also, I cannot access the hotmail or msn websites.

When i try to sign in it says i'm behind some firewall (which i'm not) or my proxy settings are wrong (yet msn worked fine yesterday and i havent changed anything) i've followed the steps and turned the proxy settings on and off but nothing seems to work.

i was thinking it may be something to do with my aol connection? because i dialed up using a different isp and the hotmail and msn sites worked, however i still get the same problem with the msn messenger.

has anyone gto any suggestions?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

Problem Msn HELP

has anyone gto any suggestions?

Well, mine was like that the other day.  When you go to log in to your messenger, is the firewall message the only one you get?  Have you rebooted your computer in a while?  I would get the message that mine was due to my internet connection.  It keep doing it until I got frustrated with it and just re-booted my puter.  It's been working fine since then.   But I can search a little bit further into this on the messenger website.  ;)

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

HELP! Msn Problem Gaming Video & Issues Computer

yeah it's just the firewall one i get.
ok silly question: how do you reboot your computer? ???

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

Problem Msn HELP

ok silly question: how do you reboot your computer?

Nah, not silly.  I meant to say, restart your computer.  Alot of times I just say 'reboot'.  Maybe after you restart your puter, it might work.  I have been checking on the MSN website about troubleshooting the Messenger, but then the phone rang.  :smile.gif  I do know that the service is working ok, and I haven't had any problems with it today, at least.  And I am able to access my email account.  But then again, it may just be your internet connection.  The AOL program requires alot of space to run.  Yes, I know you have been able to use it before, but if your connection is weak, it may not let you use your messenger and the AOL service at the same time.  That's the one thing I really hated about AOL was the unreliable connection and system crashes while trying to use other programs with it.

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

Problem Msn HELP

i've restarted a few times and it hasn't worked sad.gif it's really annoying now and i dont know what to do. i tried my other connection (non-aol) but it didnt work there either sad.gif

2nd Sep, 2003 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem

Get a real chat program - Go for ICQ or Yahoo Instant Messenger. We use MSN only out of necessity to speak with clients, but as far as being a good chat program it is the pits.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

HELP Msn Problem

Get a real chat program - Go for ICQ or Yahoo Instant Messenger.

Yuppers on that, Jb.  Although, I have ICQ, but I don't have anyone to talk to on it anymore, since my friend dropped her internet service for a while.  I do like the Yahoo Messenger it is pretty cool.  I like my MSN messenger for playing games with my gaming buddies.  

Rob, I think I found the solution to your problem with not being able to acess your hotmail account or your MSN messenger.  I was reading on MSNBC.com that AOL has found a glitch that bars users from MSN.  I will post the link, but it sounds like you're suffering from this glitch as well.  According to the article, it says that they are working on getting the problem fixed.  You will probably be able to use it by tomorrow.  But I don't know if you'll be able to access the site or not.  The article said that may couldn't access much of anything on the MSN sites.  Hope this cleared it up for ya.  ;)  You may want to check into getting another Instant Messenger (like one of the ones, that Jb mentioned) to use other than just your MSN.  Ya never know, when you're gonna need it.  ;)

https://www.msnbc.com/news/960637.asp?0dm=L17OT

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2003 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

HELP! Msn Problem
A Friend

HELP Msn Problem Computer Issues & Video Gaming

thanks mss, i spoke to a friend last night on a board and he said he thought it was regional (south england) that was affected because of something to do with msn, but i found out since it is because of aol. (wow i just typed that fast ohmy.gif )

there's loads of people complaining about it in the aol message board, and aol has offered VERY LITTLE information on the problem or when it will be fixed, it's been down for over 24 hours now and is still the same. sad.gif
I hope it is fixed soon otherwise i'll have to get a new isp, i don't wanna get a new instant messenger because all my friends are on msn. but i can't even access windows updates and other microsoft releated sites!! :'(

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: HELP! Msn Problem

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,