Adam & Eve's Childhood

Adam Eve' S Childhood - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th May, 2010 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2010 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve's Childhood

Adam & Eve's Childhood

Name: Ron

Comments: Did Adam and Eve have a childhood?

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2010 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Childhood Eves and Adam

Adam and Eve were already adults when Heavenly Father created them so they didn't have a childhood in that sense.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve's Childhood
A Friend

Adam & Eve's Childhood Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yes they were adults in physical form but I think they were more like children in their thinking.

5th Mar, 2010 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Childhood Eves and Adam

Children as in naive but not children in the sense of knowledge. I think they were very intelligent and knew how to speak a perfect language and the science behind everything around them. Basically Heavenly Father was their personal tutor, how cool is that?

Post Date: 12th May, 2010 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve's Childhood
A Friend

Childhood Eves and Adam

But where do we find out that they were created as adults? Is it not possible that they could have been children and grew up in the garden of Eden? I am not sure if I actually think this, but what difference would it make if this was the case, and what reasons to we have to say that it wasn't the case?

12th May, 2010 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve's Childhood

international QUOTE (Jacobimus @ 12-May 10, 7:20 PM)
But where do we find out that they were created as adults?

Genesis 2:

international QUOTE
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. [/b]

international QUOTE
15 And the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th May, 2010 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve's Childhood
A Friend

Adam & Eve's Childhood

Ok, so it says that man was formed out of the dust, do we take that literally? I have often thought that the whole account is a metaphorical explanation, that was not necessarily how it really was. Its just an idea but we have no idea how long it took God to form man out of the dust, could this not be interpreted as being a sign that evolution could have been the mechanism God used to get the dust into man, so that a living soul could be placed in it? If this was the case then Adam would have had a childhood.

12th May, 2010 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve's Childhood Mormon Doctrine Studies

Well, I am just quoting scripture it is up to you what interpretation you want to give it. wink.gif In my view, it makes sense they were created as adults. I don't see the purpose of "children" in the Garden of Eden neither why the Lord would want to marry them, etc.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Adam & Eve's Childhood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,