Hacker Attack Sunday!

Hacker Attack Sunday - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th Aug, 2003 - 3:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Jul, 2003 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday!

Thought you should no if we go offline, it might be because of this... :smile.gif Don't people have something better to do with their time?

HACKER ATTACK FEARED SUNDAY ON WEB SITES
The government and private technology experts warned Wednesday that hackers plan
to attack thousands of Web sites Sunday in a loosely coordinated "contest" that
could disrupt Internet traffic.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...37138%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2003 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday!
A Friend

Sunday Attack Hacker

That is just ridiculous.  People with that kind of knowledge could be using their minds for something better than attacking websites for fun or for sport.  These hackers need to get a life or something  :smile.gif

7th Jul, 2003 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday! Gaming Video & Issues Computer

@Msslm, that's the thing with this kind of knowledge these days... its held by 13 and 14 year olds who are not mature enough to channel it for something good.

HACKERS BATTLE ON INTERNET
A battle among hackers erupted on the Internet Sunday as some factions disrupted
a loosely coordinated "contest" among other groups trying to vandalize thousands
of Web sites around the world.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...38032%2C00.html

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2003 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday!
A Friend

Sunday Attack Hacker

i aslo agree mss plum down crazy and JB is right most hackers are teenager kids with nothing else better to do it's just a game for them i don't see no fun in it myself sad.gif

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday!
A Friend

Sunday Attack Hacker

While surfing through the CNN.com website I found out about another possible web attack.  Only it is supposed to hit Microsoft.  

Experts: Web attack may hit Microsoft Saturday

Like sharp-shooters armed and ready to fire, hundreds of thousands of computers are poised to let fly a potentially crippling data attack on a lone Web site belonging to software giant Microsoft Corp.

Starting Saturday, August 16, each computer infected by the "MSBlaster" or "LoveSAN" Internet worm will begin sending packets of data several times per second to the Microsoft site in an attempt to knock it offline.

https://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/...reut/index.html

I still say that these hackers need to use this knowledge for good.  Even if they are teenagers, where is the adult supervision?

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2003 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday!
A Friend

Hacker Attack Sunday!

I still say that these hackers need to use this knowledge for good.  Even if they are teenagers, where is the adult supervision?

Welcome to the 21st Century, where adult supervision is a thing of the past thank in part to two income families and a general moral and social degredation in society. When I was young (not that I am old  ;)) there were the odd children refered to as "latch key kids" these children were in the old enough to be left alone group who had parents who both worked, however in that day a community would watch the children. Today people generally (ok, not me or you mss  ;), but generaly) not wanting to get involved, children are treated in part like mini-adults instead of children. Here in Canada (I do not know about the rest of the world) it has become almost illegal to punnish your children. Spanking is abuse, grounding is restriction of liberty could be construed as unlawful confinement, sending your children to bed without dinner is neglect.

In short our young people want all of the rights and privleges of adulthood with none of the responsibilies, and it is our fault (again not us specifically but our generation generally), we faught against our parents in rebellion and slackened the rules with our children - they are pushing to see if there is a limit... We did it to our parents, they did it to theirs all the way back... somewhere someone has to say - NO - We will enforce the rules, we will punnish our children when they do wron, we will bring the strap back to the schools, we will do what is necessary to drive the spirit of foolishness from the child, homefully before they get hurt or hurt someone else.

Now before I get flamed about my orthodox right wing atitudes, let me say that yes people have in the past and can in the future take things too far, abuse is a real thing and it is a problem - however no matter how bad I think things were back in the 70's and 80's growing up, it could have been much worse... I was a child of abuse and do not condone it in any way, there is however a needed stricture... modern science is starting to understand that children not only need but want boundries, they want to know that they are loved and safe. They want rules and structure, many commercials today are asking the same questions I remember from the late 70's... talk to your kids about sex, drugs etc... talk to them about hacking... the point I think is that we need to talk to them...

It is 4 o'clock do you know where your children are?
Family, isn't it about time?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Hacker Attack Sunday!
A Friend

Hacker Attack Sunday

Hmmm, maybe this might work.  Hopefully, it might work.  But if they do that, how will I update my windows software?  wink.gif

Microsoft kills address to foil worm
Firm's Web sites also hit by separate denial-of-service attack

As part of its effort to stop the progress of the MSBlast worm, Microsoft is killing off the Windows Update address that the self-propagating program was set to attack. Because the worm is programmed to attack only that address and not the site that it redirects to, the software giant has decided to eliminate the Windowsupdate.com address. The move is one of a series of efforts that Microsoft has undertaken to try to thwart an attack on its servers that was expected to be launched by infected computers starting Friday...

https://www.msnbc.com/news/952935.asp

Offtopic but,
Wanlorn, I was just asking a general question.  But got to try and keep the thread on topic.  If not, this wouldn't be considered the tech board.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 7th May, 2006 - 12:37am

> TOPIC: Hacker Attack Sunday!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,