Original Dungeons & Dragons

Original Dungeons Dragons - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2010 - 9:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 
Regular Dungeons & Dragons
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Name: Paladin

Comments: I want to participate in some Dungeons & Dragons adventures and I'm talking regular Dungeons & Dragons not the advanced set. Do you guys do that here?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dragons and Dungeons Original

Do you mean the Basic D&D from the 80s? That would be seriously old school! Or do you mean 3.0 or 3.5? Or do you mean the most recent version (with the Dragondudes), which is 4.0?

1st Jun, 2010 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Original Dungeons & Dragons Reviews RPG & Card Board

There is not a current Basic Dungeons & Dragons game going on at the moment, all of them are Advanced using 3.5 Rules. You are welcomed to join and try to recruit Players for Basic D&D but I'm not sure they will take to it as the Players here are already wrapped up in current RPGs.

2nd Jun, 2010 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Since 3rd edition it has just been DnD, as ADnD ended with second edition so I guess you could call all the games currently in play regular dnd. Telling people its advanced will make them think we are playing the old version's

AD&D 2nd Edition was published in 1989. In 2000, the original version of the game was discontinued and the AD&D version was renamed simply Dungeons & Dragons with the release of its 3rd edition. These rules formed the basis of the d20 System that is available under the Open Game License for use by other publishers. Dungeons & Dragons version 3.5 was released in June 2003, with a 4th edition in June 2008.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 2nd Jun, 2010 - 12:38pm

2nd Jun, 2010 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Paladin)
...regular Dungeons & Dragons not the advanced set

They specified not the advanced set therefore it seems they are talking about a very old version of D&D possibly even red box. There is a following out there for this although small.

I will move this Thread to RPG Reviews as this is not a Game Thread and should not be in this Board.

2nd Jun, 2010 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

I admit when I first was looking at KNtoran's game, I was confused by this too - the last time I knew of there being an AD&D, it was 2nd Edition, which I owned. Anything past that was D&D again. I think the usual way of referring to pre AD&D games, like the boxed sets (redbox etc) is OD&D (original).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2010 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Good point. Maybe the person saw the labels of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (AD&D) and thought it was the 2.0 version. I wonder if I should go through the process of renaming everything just "Dungeons & Dragons" thus taking out "Advanced"?

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2010 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Original Dungeons & Dragons Board Card & RPG Reviews

I would be ok with that. I guess I am still a bit old school by calling it AD&D as that is the first system I learned on.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Original Dungeons & Dragons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,