Stories From The Life Of Porter Rockwell

Stories Life Porter Rockwell - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Oct, 2010 - 5:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Best of  Stories Life Porter Rockwell Authors: John W. Rockwell and Jerry Borrowman
2nd Jun, 2010 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Stories from the Life of Porter Rockwell

What is your review for the reading material: "Stories from the Life of Porter Rockwell" By John W. Rockwell and Jerry Borrowman?

Stories From The Life Of Porter Rockwell (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2010 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Rockwell Porter Life The Stories

Name: Brother Mike

Comments: I haven't read this book on Porter Rockwell but I wouldn't mind doing that if its any good. I mean its not full of the author's opinions but provides the facts on Porter Rowell. I've often wondered why a prophet would need bodyguards cause I never read where Jesus or any of the other Prophets had any kind of physical protection.

6th Oct, 2010 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Stories From The Life Of Porter Rockwell Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 19-Sep 10, 3:09 PM)
I've often wondered why a prophet would need bodyguards cause I never read where Jesus or any of the other Prophets had any kind of physical protection.

One could argue that the Apostles where also Jesus bodyguards and it makes sense in a way since they were always with him and try their best to protect him when he was arrested.

I would love to read this book. Porter Rockwell is definetely one of those persons in church history that you must read about.

I recall the promise Joseph Smith gave him:

international QUOTE
"I prophesy, in the name of the Lord, that you - Orrin Porter Rockwell - so long as ye shall remain loyal and true to thy faith, need fear no enemy. Cut not thy hair and no bullet or blade can harm thee." (Harold Schindler, Orrin Porter Rockwell: Man of God, Son of Thunder (Salt Lake City, Utah: University of Utah Press, 1966), 108-9.)

That's why when you see pictures of Porter, you will see him with long hair.

> TOPIC: Stories From The Life Of Porter Rockwell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,