SpaceX - Private Space Company - Page 6 of 13

If they are successful with the booster rocket - Page 6 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 19th Feb, 2017 - 3:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (13) »
SpaceX Spaceships
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2016 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

SpaceX - Private Space Company - Page 6

SpaceX Dragon Splashes Down with Crucial NASA Research Samples

SpaceX's Dragon cargo spacecraft splashed down in the Pacific Ocean at 11:47 a.m. EDT Friday, Aug. 26, southwest of Baja California with more than 3,000 pounds of NASA cargo, science and technology demonstration samples from the International Space Station. Ref. Source 1o.

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2016 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Company Space Private SpaceX

It was really sad to see the explosion at SpaceX's platform. They were supposed to launch tomorrow and that's now out. I don't know what they're doing wrong but they need to fix it if they're going to be a reliable space cargo service.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

SpaceX - Private Space Company UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Next SpaceX Launch

The SpaceX Dragon spacecraft is targeted to launch no earlier than mid-February, on a Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This will be the first mission from the historic launch pad since SpaceX began to modernize the pad’s structures in preparation to fly astronauts on NASA missions for the agency’s Commercial Crew Program. Ref. Source 2m.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

SpaceX - Private Space Company
A Friend

Page 6 Company Space Private SpaceX

I remember the Apollo program, although it is a distant memory. I find it amazing that private companies are now doing what only the most powerful of countries had the resources to do in the past. It took a decade to really develop the technology to go to space and reach the moon. Yes, that technology now benefits these companies but it still amazes me. So, does anyone think we'll ever see the type or space travel in movies like Star Trek? If so, how long before can reach light and/or greater than light speed?

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Company Space Private SpaceX

Actually, we are testing a Star Trek style warp drive right now. Its a LONG way from shunting a space ship around the galaxy, but it produces the kind of flexing of the fabric of this universe that is the basis of that form of FTL travel.

Technically speaking, a ship with an alcubierre drive wouldn't be traveling at notable speed at all, bypassing the normal limit of accelerating a mass to and past lightspeed. Instead, its being pushed along by a wave of folded spacetime.

3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

I hope the SpaceX program can be successful. There were supposed to be regularly shuttling passengers by now but with all the explosions its turned people off of the idea.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

SpaceX Private Space Company - Page 6

SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket lifts off with supplies for International Space Station

The rocket blasted off Sunday morning from Kennedy Space Center's Launch Complex 39A, the same launch pad used by the Apollo astronauts on NASA's historic moon missions. The pad was last used for NASA's final shuttle mission nearly six years ago. SpaceX is also trying to land the booster rocket back at Cape Canaveral following liftoff, a feat that has been accomplished only twice before. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

SpaceX Private Space Company Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 6

If they are successful with the booster rocket being able to land back on the launch pad that will make it much easier to reuse. Plus the costs of recovering and refurbishing the booster will be less. I hope the supply run and the booster test are both successful.

> TOPIC: SpaceX - Private Space Company

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,