SpaceX - Private Space Company - Page 7 of 13

I don't think it is that big of a - Page 7 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Mar, 2017 - 11:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (13) »
SpaceX Spaceships
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

SpaceX - Private Space Company - Page 7

SpaceX plans to transport two private citizens around the moon next year

Speaking at a news conference on Monday afternoon, SpaceX founder Elon Musk said he plans to do a private space mission to send two paying passengers around the moon in 2018. Ref. USAToday.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

SpaceX - Private Space Company
A Friend

Company Space Private SpaceX

This is exciting. I would love to do this. Private companies are the hope for future space exploration I feel. It's hard for governments to justify the kind of money required to really do it justice. If private companies can find ways to make money they can continue to expand their space exploration. Eventually they will find something of enough value that they will be able to have the resources to go all out.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

SpaceX - Private Space Company UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Kyrroeth,

This is something I'd like to do too. Heck, I said in a different post I'd like to help colonize Mars! I think I was born about 400 years too late. I should have been one of the original explorers back in the 1600s. Or perhaps I'm just living out a past life?!? rolleyes.gif.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 7:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Company Space Private SpaceX

I remember that. It's too bad. You were born 400 years too late or maybe 100 years too early. We are just in a period now where the entire earth has been explored and we haven't committed to the exploration of space yet.

28th Feb, 2017 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Company Space Private SpaceX

Kyrroeth, to be fair there is still a vast ocean that hasn't been explored or settled on Earth yet, but all land masses have been explored.

I would enjoy flying in space, but I can't imagine how much that must cost right now. The rockets are prohibitively expensive, so unless this mission is just taking a side trip around the moon for the passengers, but really delivering a payload or something, it would be ludicrously expensive.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

SpaceX to launch Air Force satellite

Hawthorne-based SpaceX has won a $96.5-million contract to launch a GPS satellite for the U.S. Air Force in February 2019. Officials say the satellite will improve precision for navigation and timing and aid other programs. Ref. Source 3x.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

SpaceX Private Space Company - Page 7

What a change in the way we do things. To have a private company launch what is probably a highly classified satellite is such a departure from the way we did things in the past.

17th Mar, 2017 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

SpaceX Private Space Company Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 7

I don't think it is that big of a problem. There is no way to hide that there is a satellite in space anymore. With all the monitoring we do of our airspaces as soon as anyone has a rocket take off, we know its trajectory and likely destination. The only thing then that can be classified is what the satellite is doing and/or what is aboard the satellite. Even though a private company is launching and placing the satellite in space, its actual objective and what is contained inside aren't necessarily known. Sure they say it is for better precision and navigation, but the government isn't always upfront about everything they do. It could still be a highly classified satellite or mission.

> TOPIC: SpaceX - Private Space Company

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,