USA to monitor the World's Net use?

Usa Monitor World' S Net Use - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 12th Dec, 2003 - 9:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th Dec, 2002 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

USA to monitor the World's Net use?

Um... is this really possible? Knowing how trojans and emails work and of course codes how will they monitor everyone's net useage... I guess they plan to target 'certain' users.

CNN:

WHITE HOUSE PLANS WIDE MONITORING OF NET

The White House is proposing an Internet-wide monitoring center to detect and
defend against major cyber-attacks, but the Bush administration sought to ease
worries it might scrutinize individual users' e-mails along with other data traffic.

https://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/12/2...y.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2003 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

use Net Worlds monitor USA

Almost a year ago and we see where this is a thing of the past really - it is no longer news, but fact. Computers can now pickup key words, but can they pickup key images?

Have you ever been on the net and wondered if you were being 'watched'?

12th Dec, 2003 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

USA to monitor the World's Net use? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Well, if you use AOL, you are definately being watched. I don't think it is "real time" though. Cookies aid in your being watched as well. Those cookies on your PC do a lot more than just store information for you so you don't need to enter it next time! They give information back to the creator.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 12th Dec, 2003 - 8:47pm

12th Dec, 2003 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

use Net Worlds monitor USA

That is a good point on the cookies. That is why I like Netscape, i can control who gets them and who doesn't. i believe there are sites that are 'masked' for information purposes. I am not going to mention any names, but they offer email, services, etc with the underlying reason to get and take information as needed.

> TOPIC: USA to monitor the World's Net use?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,