What Is The Resurrection?

What Resurrection - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 25th Jan, 2011 - 1:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
9th Dec, 2008 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

According to your own interpretations of the Bible and your own thoughts: What is the Resurrection?

(some common thoughts on the Resurrection from many denominations)

1. You Rise up as a spirit Body.

2. You Rise up as a body of Flesh and Bone(the same one you have now but perfected).

3 You rise up in a body that is different then the one you have now.

3. There is no Resurrection.

4. Only the Righteous are resurrected.

5 . Everyone is Resurrected.

6. Animals will be included in the Resurrection.

7. We remain Spirits forever and live as such in the hereafter.

What are your thoughts on these answers? Can you come up with any I have not thought of?

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2008 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Resurrection The What

I have heard that only 14400 or 144 000 will be resurrected in the finial battle.

I need to read more on this it would seem.

11th Dec, 2008 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

What Is The Resurrection? Revealed Bible The

I guess I will answer my own question as to my opinion concerning the Resurrection.
In my mind the resurrection is a bodily resurrection. We will have the same atoms that posess our body now but perfected. All people will rise regardless of belief or the way they lived their life, but not necessarily with the same heavenly rewards.
And though I can find no biblical proof of the resurrection of animals, I see an indication in the following verse that "all flesh" or by extension animals also shall see the salvation of God
Luke 3:6

6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

And the Bible talks of the lamb and the lion laying together in the Millennium, a possible indication of future resurrected animals.

Job 19:26

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

We will see God in our resurrected bodies of Flesh and Bone (see also Luke 24:39).

1 Cor. 15: 22
  22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

All will be resurrected not just a select few.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with ba shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Logically if the dead in Christ rise first, then those who do not believe in Christ will rise after the Righteous (at some other times) But all will rise.

Luke 24: 39
  39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

This was after Christ died and was resurrected and he had a body of flesh and bones. We should have a similar body when we are resurrected.

Matthew 27:52

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

The same bodies which we now posess, will be the bodies that we have in resurrection, but perfected.

1 Corinthians 15:40

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

We may have different types of resurrected bodies?

These scriptures seem to testify of a universal resurrection of all mankind, in physical bodies, that are similar to the one we have now(except perfected).

12th Dec, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Resurrection The What

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

I have though about this a bit and I do not think it is different bodies but different beings. Terrestrial just being those of the earth Celestial being the bodies that have dwelt in heaven before the earth came to be. Such as angels.

Revelations 5

6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

8 And the four beasts had each of them ° six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not ° day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

9 And when those beasts give glory and honor and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

I understand little as to what the beasts are but it would seem they have been for some time.

So I think the resurrections is just human. Unless there are angles buried on earth that fell in ancient battle along side the humans when the Jewish left Egypt and took possession of the promised lands.

Now I also purpose this yes we all will rise on the final day but not to go to heaven but to be sorted by deeds and faith. Those who did good deeds and kept faith in God will go to join him. Those who deeds were evil and never repented will join Lucifer in Hades. I ponder will the sorting come after the finial battle?

If we have physical bodies then yes I think it would be the same we had before just restored. I also do not think it matter if you have been mummified, buried whole or cremated. God can restore all.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2008 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Resurrection The What

I have given this a lot of thought. I believe it is as dbackers has said. We will have our same bodies but they will be perfected. The one thing is how is our body going to appear to others. Are we going to appear in our youth, our prime, or elderly? This is the main question I have.

18th Jan, 2011 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE ( dbackers)
You Rise up as a spirit Body.

Those that are chosen to rule with Christ who makes up the governmental part of God's kingdom will have this type of resurrection, a heavenly one. Flesh and blood cannot reside in heaven.
international QUOTE ( *** Bible Citations ***)

Rev. 20:4, 6: "I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. . . . Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years."
Revelation 5:20 "¦ and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth."

international QUOTE ( dbacker)
You Rise up as a body of Flesh and Bone

These are the one that are resurrected to the earth and make up the realm that God's heavenly kingdom will rule over.
international QUOTE ( *** Bible Citations***)
Psalms 37:11. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
(Psalm 37:29) 29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2011 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

What The Resurrection

The resurrection was when Jesus rose from the tomb. He showed us that we will all live again and we don't have to worry about death being the end of it all.

25th Jan, 2011 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

What The Resurrection The Bible Revealed

When dose the resurrection occur?
Speaking of the heavenly resurrection Jesus said when he returned he would gather his disciples home to himself (John 14:1-4). This is during the start of his kingdom rule, during the last days/ end of days/ woe for the earth in which Satan has a short period of time (Revelation 12:10-12). Then comes the great tribulation which culminates with the war of Armageddon. After which the survivors will joint billions now dead (righteous an unrighteous) who are resurrected to life on earth during the millennium rule of Christ Jesus (Acts 24:15). The unrighteous are those whom never received the good news of God's kingdom and lovingly are given the opportunity to conform their lives to Jehovah God's standards

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Is The Resurrection?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,