Which Game Types do You like the Best? - Page 4 of 9

Identifying exactly the type of game I like - Page 4 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 15th Jun, 2004 - 9:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »
Trvia, Strategy, War, Virtual, 3D, Board, Arcade - what suits your fancy?
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2003 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Which Game Types do You like the Best?
A Friend

Which Game Types do You like the Best? - Page 4

I like strategy, adventure and rpg games the most.

Some pc games I like:
Age of Empires series;
Diablo series;
Laxius Power;
Sim City 3000;
The Sims;
Commandos;
Grim Fandango >> About this one, it's a shame if you guys haven't played it. It's one of the most addictive games I've ever played. It's kind of an adventure/puzzle game. The graphics are very good, the puzzles are great and the humour is just awesome. It's a must-play for sure. The weird thing is that it was not as purchased as Lucas Arts expected. Definitely an underrated game that deserved another chance.

And of course there are many other good games that I've played but forgot to mention, like race games and some videogames, like Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate, that was very good.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2003 - 9:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Best the You Types Game Which

Good question, i'm into anything. I used to have a PS1 with 125 games, but none of them were sport, and i'm not soooo keen on RPG's because I've noticed that most of them have the same kind of storyline:

1. Hero introduced.
2. Friends introduced.
3. Enemies introduced.
4. Enemies kidnap Hero's girlfriend/ boyfriend.
5. Hero searches for girlfriend.
6. 20 hours of useless fighting and battling.
7. Fight big bosses.
8. Hero happy that he/she has gotten boy/girlfriend back!
9. Happy ending, good beats evil, until evil returns they are safe!

That is how most RPG's are thought over.

I like racing, fighting, and shooting games.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Game Types do You like the Best? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

You have obviously never played any Final Fantasies have you? Its not about saving some stupid girl, its about saving the Entire race of man and everything else that consists on the earth. Now thats where it gets fun smile.gif MWUAHHAHAH! laugh.gif. Sorry, i'm an RPG fan all the way. Sports games with xbox live or ps2 broadband are fun. Other than that, they are boring.

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2004 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Best the You Types Game Which

I like the turn-based strategy games and other puzzle-ish games. Final Fantacy Tactics and Zelda come to mind... Kinda like the James-Bond-blow-everyone-up type games, those are usually fun.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2004 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Best the You Types Game Which

I love trivia games, and word games. I'm hooked on a yahoo game called bookworm. I play it almost everyday.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2004 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (chocltequeen @ 14-Feb 04, 3:38 PM)
I love trivia games, and word games. I'm hooked on a yahoo game called bookworm.  I play it almost everyday.

Yahoo ripped Bookworm off from Popcap.com. The popcap version is much better. I have the downloaded version and it totally rocks! The other night I went on a spree and ended up with a score of over 988K. Yes, my brain is just full of words! **laugh.gif**

Other games... My family has a couple of original NES machines, N64, Sega Dreamcast, a couple of PS1 machines (one modded, one not), PS2, and even an old and working Atari 2600. We've got hundreds of games for all those systems.

Mostly we use the PS2, and enjoy a variety of themes. My personal faves are RPGs, adventure, puzzles, and some driving games.

On the PC I enjoy the StarCraft/WarCraft sagas. Black & White is really cool, but haven't played it much. I used to be hooked on The Sims, but have outgrown it. Although it was fun, the upgrade packs just started getting really strange, IMHO.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Game Types You the Best - Page 4

I am an Ãœber Gamer all around and play every console you can think of. I do play PC games, but rarely. My favorite games are...well...anything Nintendo and SquareEnix can cook up. If you like turn-based strategy games. get Fire Emblem! It is my favorite game ever and has great graphics and music.

15th Jun, 2004 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Which Game Types You the Best Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 4

Identifying exactly the type of game I like is difficult. I tend to like games set in pre-Industrial times, and there must be a strategic elements to it. I prefer concrete rather than abstract strategy (so I'm not a chess fan).

I like to learn something by playing the game - about history, etc.

I prefer commanding armies rather than individuals (though I was once heavily into AD&D inmy mid-to-late teens). But the game must not be so complex as to destroy playability.

RISK has good elements to it, but is not quite complex or flexible enough. As far as computer games are concerned, the Age of Empires series must rank as one of my favourites.

Loved Lords of Midnight - bet no one remembers that! It's quite amazing that some of the games running on 48K memory machines back then are still more playable and interesting than some of the huge-memory mega-graphic games today. There's a special something that few games have and it certainly has something to do with balance and feel.

However, it is always best to play against real people - computers are just too predictable or stupid in the final analysis.

I quite liked a play-by-mail game in the 80s called Earthwood run by KJC Games. They were all the rage for a while! I've never really found a good play-by-email game - any tips anyone?

Back to computer games - I'm looking forward to Total War:Rome and the Battle for Middle Earth which both come out in the Winter I believe.

Dubhdara.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Which Game Types do You like the Best?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,