Violence & Sex in Games

Violence Sex Games - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th May, 2003 - 12:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (23) »

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
21st Dec, 2002 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

Violence & Sex in Games

What do you think about the kinds of games they make these days where you see violence made out to be 'fun'? What is worst is that young people who do not yet 'know the difference' tend to live these games!

international QUOTE (See CNN for a report)

REPORT BLASTS VIOLENCE, SEX IN GAMES

Members of Congress and watchdog groups are again sounding the alarm over the sexual and violent nature of some video games that are falling into the hands of children even though they are intended for adults.
Read Moreā€¦

Violence & Sex in Games
Violence & Sex in Games (Hover)

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2002 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

I totally disagree with the sex and major violence in video games. But, I can not be bias, I dont think that these type of games should stop being made because of the "affect"they may have on children. Parents need to take responsibility for their children, and not leave the media,television,video entertainment to raise their children.
Lets leave that up to the parent,
PARENTS SOULD MONITOR WHAT THEIR CHILD CAN AND CANNOT DO, AND SEE FOR THAT MATTER.
TELL THEM WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG.
~ I THINK TOSE TYPE OF VIDEO GAMES ARE OKAY FOR ADULTS, ALTHOUGH SOME ADULTS ARE MORE IMMATURE THAN A CHILD.

28th Dec, 2002 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I THINK TOSE TYPE OF VIDEO GAMES ARE OKAY FOR ADULTS, ALTHOUGH SOME ADULTS ARE MORE IMMATURE THAN A CHILD.

I totally agree with you. I think too much violence in games is not good for nobody, child or adult. Parents needs to watch what their kids do and be an example for them also.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2003 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

I grew up playing violent video games. I really like games that require a certain level of problem solving. Sometimes killing is part of that....

Overall I think that violence and aggression are too some point marketed in many products these days.

It's kind of sick....Then again life can get hectic and maby a little bit of fantasy R&R will keep a looney from killing the neghbors cat or worse.

4th Jan, 2003 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

Yes, I think is bad when people do not have a control over it. I like all kind of games, I found myself 'killing' lots of them in some of the games sad.gif but as you well said, sometimes those kind of games are the ones that are more exciting because you need to figure out things (I love games that you have to make discoveries). But like anything else in life, must be a control.

16th May, 2003 - 10:55am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

Well what is the solution? The US congress wants to get involved with curbing it, but really it is like a drug, you have to provide alternative activities rather than policies and laws. It begins at home. If home is a great place to be then there will be lots to do rather than be in front of a computer screen all day long.

international QUOTE

IS SOCCER MOM CARJACKING GAME TOO MUCH?

Some members of Congress say they favor controlling the sale of video games
That feature violence and adult themes.
Sourcel

Post Date: 16th May, 2003 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Violence & Sex Games

I just wrote a brief report on this subject, I think the mature rated games are such that children should not be exposed to them, and I personally believe that the rating system is not effective in controlling who plays these games, unless we have responsible parents who monitor what their children are playing. The entertainment industry makes big money out of these games but I believe the material is innappropriate and would welcome the congress becoming involved in curbing it.
I would even go as far as to say that this type of material should not even be produced in the first place.
I think the world would be a better place without all of this violence and sex being portrayed in various forms of entertainment.

16th May, 2003 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I would even go as far as to say that this type of material should not even be produced in the first place.

I agree with this point. I actually believe that a lot of crimes are 'fueled' by some of these games, for instance: Grand theft Auto. If you look at the youth playing these games you will see their eyes light up with glee at killing a guy or stealing a car?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (23) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,